Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore via First and Club on the World’s Favourite Airline

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:37 pm

Nice report.

BA C looks horrible.

The food at the arrivals Concorde Room is terrible and I would recommend people resist the urge to indulge, notwithstanding that it is free.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
For those waiting, my full report on Raffles Singapore is now available here: Raffles Singapore: One of the World's Greatest Hotels
Old Nov 27, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Enjoyed your report, thanks for sharing. I'm truly shocked with your First Class dinner on the return flight. That beef tenderloin could not have been presented any worse. Why is the baked tomato stacked on top of the garnish, with the gravy poured on top? Surely you would want the gravy to coat the meat and not the (pesto, I assume) crumbs? It's a mess and it just looks absurd. I would be embarrassed to receive that even in Club World. You did a good job plating up the veggies. I look back fondly at my last tenderloin beef First dinner many years ago. The presentation was perfect, everything as it should be with the meat at the bottom of the plate in front of me, gravy in the right place and garnished beautifully. The only thing stacked were the fingerling potatoes. I'm sorry you had such a poor dining experience inflight.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Executive club
All the whinging about BA Club & FIRST. Everyone knows what it is like.
Why are you flying it if it’s so awful? Well you know it’s this-
Very good FF program.
Excellent safety record.
Generally friendly normal cabin crew. With a sense of humour.
No 3 hour 2am stop overs in some god forsaken Middle Eastern hole.
Reasonable fares.
Perfectly acceptable worldwide lounges and access.

Could it be better? Yes absolutely but the travelling public have constantly shown that the only thing they really care about is fares.
That’s why there’s a race to the bottom.

BA don’t have robotic cabin crew who are basically slaves to the business and are open to sexual harassment from the CEO of the airline. Plus massively subsidised by petro dollars. Yes I’m looking at you Qatar airways.
Neither do BA have the awful 2-3-2 in business that Emirates have in their 777s.
Heathrow T5 is generally good and far better than CDG or Brussels and many others.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by settlenick
All the whinging about BA Club & FIRST.
Neither do BA have the awful 2-3-2 in business that Emirates have in their 777s.
I hope my report - the subject of many hours' effort - does not come across as whinging. My aim is for it to be a fair assessment of the experience at the time. If you take a look at some of my more recent reports, you'll see there's plenty to be pleased about when it comes to BA - particularly now that normal service has resumed in both Club World and First.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but have to disagree that the BA Club World configuration is better than Emirates Business Class on their 777 fleet. Unless you're on a Club Suite aircraft, the Club World configuration is 2-3-2 or 2-4-2, so either the same as or denser than EK.

Last edited by Genius1; Jan 2, 2023 at 8:06 am
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: Meh
All the whinging about BA Club & FIRST. Everyone knows what it is like.
Why are you flying it if it’s so awful? Well you know it’s this-
Very good FF program.
Excellent safety record.
Generally friendly normal cabin crew. With a sense of humour.
No 3 hour 2am stop overs in some god forsaken Middle Eastern hole.
Reasonable fares.
Perfectly acceptable worldwide lounges and access.

Could it be better? Yes absolutely but the travelling public have constantly shown that the only thing they really care about is fares.
That’s why there’s a race to the bottom.

BA don’t have robotic cabin crew who are basically slaves to the business and are open to sexual harassment from the CEO of the airline. Plus massively subsidised by petro dollars. Yes I’m looking at you Qatar airways.
Heathrow T5 is generally good and far better than CDG or Brussels and many others.
Fares are extortionate right now. I haven't flown BA in 3 years now and will lose Gold this year after 20 years. Overall the BA offering is pretty poor IMO. I have flown J in the last 9 months with SQ/TK/JL/CX/UA/AA/QR/SWISS and rank them higher. Every time I priced them against BA and they were cheaper. So maybe try other airlines as it widened my horizons for sure. I should add I am ex-DUB which probably made fares cheaper.
Genius1 likes this.

Last edited by stevie; Jan 6, 2023 at 10:35 am Reason: Fare explanation
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Thanks for another well written TR Genius1. Having recently flown in F back from Kuwait and having done a return to Cape Town last month in the new Club Suites I can attest that BA's service levels are now practically as they were pre-pandemic. We have an upcoming trip to Tel Aviv in Club on what I understand to be a 4 class 787-9 but with no F class hence I have taken your advice and nabbed 7A&B on our outward journey to avoid Mrs BarelyBAGold having to step over anyone to get out from her window seat to go to the loo. On the return journey we've picked 13A&B for the same reasons (room 7 wasn't available).

Enjoyed reading about the Intercontinental in Singapore. We have been in Singapore only once and stayed in the Valley Wing of the Shangri-La which was superb and which we would readily go back to, but having read your TR would definitely be up for staying at the Intercontinental next time.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
LOLOLOL you literally said all the buzzwords in one concise, misinformed post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.