Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Pearl of Arabia: A weekend in Oman via WY F

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
The Champagne in F appears sub-par compared to the flagship wines of most of the champagne houses that other airlines serve in F ( some such as JL/SQ serve more than one!)
The wine service and pro-active nature of this seem below industry standard
The overall food/wine product appears to be a "high-end" J rather than a high-end F
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:14 am

With the exception of the caviar
catawiki1 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:05 am
MNL

Every one should give Oman a chance. More genuine than the Bling of EK and the over the top of QR. EY MMMMMMM
SKT-DK and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Excellent report YYCCL3. And nice play calling audible on the reroute via LHR. EF has saved me numerous times on IRROPS. Too bad that your LHR-MCT had no other F pax as it was probably too late for them to cater. Definitely worth complaining and getting some compensation.
Have a look at the F catering now

Originally Posted by ianassum
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
The Champagne in F appears sub-par compared to the flagship wines of most of the champagne houses that other airlines serve in F ( some such as JL/SQ serve more than one!)
The wine service and pro-active nature of this seem below industry standard
The overall food/wine product appears to be a "high-end" J rather than a high-end F
There were two champagnes to choose from, blanc and rose. The blanc was offering was the same as I'd had on the outbound ex-LHR. I'd say the catering and wine offering are not a high end F but still better than J.

Originally Posted by MNL
Every one should give Oman a chance. More genuine than the Bling of EK and the over the top of QR. EY MMMMMMM
Cabin and suite are beautiful - service is kinda between J and F. I wouldn't go out of my way to fly it again but I am happy I did get to try it in both directions. Suite is nicer than EK, excepting the new 777 suite. The lounge was a very enjoyable experience and a great part of the journey.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MNL
I agree with you on that - for me, the only thing keeping me away is their limited network
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Wow, the F lounge at MCT is stunning and the Hennessy Paradis/Highland Park 25 are very classy touches.

Not too long ago Oman Air was pouring Cristal onboard in F. Shame if that’s no longer the case.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MNL
Not that easy if there aren't F-flights on your routes.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great TR and glad you got your caviar!

what is the IG name of the VS FA who flew to PRG for hair work?
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:51 am
Suspended

Great report thank you! Besides the Beluga caviar (which is pretty amazing to see on an airplane), everything else doesn't seem as amazing as I was expecting.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
Great TR and glad you got your caviar!

what is the IG name of the VS FA who flew to PRG for hair work?
I never was able to find her name Should have asked

Originally Posted by catawiki1
Great report thank you! Besides the Beluga caviar (which is pretty amazing to see on an airplane), everything else doesn't seem as amazing as I was expecting.
I agree, mixed reviews for sure. Amazing cabin, very nice lounge in MCT. But the service on board was hit and miss.

And they still haven't offered anything yet for the lack of F food on the outbound except "We're sorry"
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Gives me pangs of nostalgia to see WY and Oman in a trip report. Absolutely loved my excursion around Oman a few years ago, and am longing to return (to see more of the high country, and hopefully make it down to Salalah).

I was super impressed by Oman Air in J, I think their hard and soft product is right up there, and I found the service exceptionally attentive and caring if a little uneven. Their F product does look like it's only a somewhat modest step up from J though, a bit like QR. If there was any airline where you had to get stuck with business class catering in F, Oman air is probably the one where that was the least hardship (but agree you should be entitled to some compensation regardless).

Thanks for the report! I can only imagine what a letdown AC was after that...
hugolover, wrp96 and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the review. I am tempted to head to Oman after my trip to the Maldives but late July will mean very hot temperatures and that's not enjoyable when sightseeing or being out and about.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:45 am

Just read they have joined ONEWORLD - great news
mad_atta likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I never was able to find her name Should have asked

I agree, mixed reviews for sure. Amazing cabin, very nice lounge in MCT. But the service on board was hit and miss.

And they still haven't offered anything yet for the lack of F food on the outbound except "We're sorry"
Ugh shame about the IG. I keep checking this TR hoping you’ve figured it out. It remains scary or just downright wrong that there are so many FAs on IG. I feel it’s saying something about the industry or about ourselves as pax in this industry.

shame about the limited response about the food fiasco.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Some
A very well done trip report overall! I've flown WY F quite a bit and think your review overall is very fair, it also captures the two things I love about WY: i) the design of the F cabin which is by far the classiest of any airline and ii) the MCT F lounge which is probably my favourite globally. Sadly, the F wine list quality has deteriorated since new F was launched to the point where there are now airlines offering better wines in J than WY currently offers in F. Equally, onboard service consistency is WY's other weakness, you didn't experience this on your flights clearly but when the F cabin is full on a Friday / Sunday to LHR then F service can take an eternity - I had a meal service in F on the overnight LHR-MCT a couple of weeks ago that somehow took well over four hours (the starters were served over two hours into the flight) and it basically destroyed any prospect of getting a decent sleep.

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Sadly, at this point, the flight attendant came back to me with a mortified look and apologized profusely that no first class catering had been loaded! :-( :-( I'd have to order from the business class menu and follow up with guest relations after the flight with a complaint, which the cabin director would also note in her onboard service report.

I don't think you missed as much as you think here, as there is a lot of overlap between the J and F menu - here is the current LHR-MCT F menu for comparison!

mad_atta, offerendum and YYCCL3 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.