Great pictures.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH738
Great pictures.
Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: AA Exp
I am going to join the rest: beautiful pictures :-)

I visited Kurdistan (Erbil and Sulaymaniyah) a couple of years ago. I bought a guidebook covering the whole country and other parts sounded even more interesting. Your pictures appear to confirm that!

So I am curious: What was it like traveling in other parts of Iraq, like Samara and Baghdad, but also Mosul? Any issues or was it relatively straightforward with a guide and driver. And where you able to easily explore the cities at night on your own?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
gnargel
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnargel
I am going to join the rest: beautiful pictures :-)

I visited Kurdistan (Erbil and Sulaymaniyah) a couple of years ago. I bought a guidebook covering the whole country and other parts sounded even more interesting. Your pictures appear to confirm that!

So I am curious: What was it like traveling in other parts of Iraq, like Samara and Baghdad, but also Mosul? Any issues or was it relatively straightforward with a guide and driver. And where you able to easily explore the cities at night on your own?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
gnargel
Southern (Arab) Iraq was a vastly different experience. I'd suggest reading the trip report referenced in my original post for details. Howver, in short, its a mess. Lots of people with guns, lots of police checkpoints and document checks. Lots of bribes needed to enter sites. It was a good experience overall, but not for the faint of heart. We did some minimal exploration in the evenings, but without a vehicle we were limited to where we could walk from the hotels.
gnargel and offerendum like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.