Wiki Posts
Search

A trip to the Outback – Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji in a Baron

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:09 am
Hut
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This was good. Thank you so much. And enjoy your new baby.
Thanks SanDiego1K , crazy how time flies. Hut Jr is almost 1 year old and we are already talking about the next remote trip!

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Very nice report. I did a stint with the Indian health service here in the USA. Your report makes the reservations I served positively cosmopolitan!
Thanks CHSDOC , I used to say somewhat flippantly that Mrs Hut worked in the middle of nowhere... however, after visiting I have developed an appreciation for what that really means!

Originally Posted by superboi
What a fascinating set of reports and pictures from what looks like some of the remotest parts of the planet. Thank you, and best wishes to you and spouse for the new baby!
Thanks superboi , alas there are so many more remote corners of the globe left unexplored... Maybe when Hut Jr is older!

Originally Posted by 13901
Great conclusion to this TR and welcome to Hut Jr. Here's to hoping you can go to NZ this Christmas.
Thanks 13901 - yes, we are hopeful to make it back too.

Originally Posted by worldiswide
This was a wonderful interesting TR to places most of all will never experience or see. Thanks so much for providing this insight. Enjoy your new addition.. that's a another type of adventure!
Thanks! Before I met Mrs Hut, I mean I knew there were remote communities, but I had no idea what they were all about. Hopefully its a bit of insight, but as I'm sure you can imagine - a flying visit can only scratch the surface of the complexities and hardships of living in such remote locations.

Originally Posted by gr8bigc
Thank you for sharing. I absolutely loved how the pilot has to buzz the community before landing to ensure somebody will meet at the runway to reduce the time you spend melting in the sun upon arrival.
Thanks gr8bigc , now that I'm a grown up and at an age where its not okay to ring the doorbell and run away... I'm happy to have found a new way say we've arrived that is just as much fun!

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Thank you for finishing this incredibly interesting TR, Hut! I read it when you first started it, and re-read the whole thing again now. As others have said, it is a great insight into a world few of us have any experiences with

Congratulations on the arrival of Hut Jr. as well!
Thanks SKT-DK !
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great report, thanks for sharing! So much emptiness (of people, anyway) out there in the outback.

I went to the Pilbara for the first time last year - did an amazing road trip from Perth all the way up the coast to Exmouth, then across to Karijini and flew out from Paraburdoo. Impressed by the scale of the airport and operation at Paraburdoo, with about 5 jet services a day to Perth, mostly just company traffic for Rio Tinto. I also enjoyed the novelty of flying on a Qantas F-100. Amazing legroom throughout, reminiscent of the very old days back when coach class actually had perceptible legroom!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.