Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITC Grand Central Mumbai – hotel review

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 8:53 am
Original Poster

ITC Grand Central Mumbai – hotel review

I’ve now stayed at this Lower Parel property, not to be confused with ITC Maratha near Mumbai airport, four times and consistently had a good experience.

This most recent, four-night stay took place at the beginning of March and, while coronavirus was just starting to impact travel, I was lucky that most of the hotel’s facilities (though not all) were still open.

Centrally located (as you could guess from the name), the ITC is a smart, 30-storey property set over 2.5 acres, with 242 rooms and suites.

Check-in took a few minutes as there was a line of people ahead of me, though I didn’t mind as the hotel kindly upgraded me to a suite (probably due to my custom in the past).

Reception was spotlessly clean and creates a good impression on arrival, especially as a musician was playing.

Having booked an entry-level room, I was pleasantly surprised to find I had been allocated an ITC One room. For some reason these rooms aren’t described as suites on ITC’s website, even though they are large (approx 55 sq m in size) and boast a separate lounge/ living room.

The room was very familiar, and I’m sure I’d previously stayed in one that was identical.

A selection of fruits and Indian snacks was waiting in the room, as well as bottled water (ITC has commendably done away with plastic).

I was very happy with the comfortable bed and plush linens, and there were two televisions in the room.

In addition to a WC off the main entrance to the room, there was a compact but functional bathroom, which offered a tub as well as a shower.

There are a number of food and beverage options at ITC Grand Central, and the service was consistently good.

I want to give a special mention to Fabian, the breakfast host at Hornby’s Pavilion, who took great care of me each morning, even remembering the drinks I had asked for the day before.

I also took a dinner at one of the hotel restaurants, Shanghai Club, a classy Chinese restaurant, where I was equally well looked after by Vijay.

If you have access, don’t miss the Point of View lounge located on the top floor, which serves complimentary drinks and snacks for guests in an ITC One room or a suite. The views from outside are great, and gents might enjoy chilling out for a while watching a game on the screens inside.

I didn’t spend much time in the hotel pool, as it was pretty chilly, and slightly dirty when I visited. It is a nice place to relax, however, and the views of the property are very nice when you step outside from the pool area.

In the same complex, you’ll find two gyms, with more equipment than you’ll care to use during a short, busy stay like mine. Kaya Kalp is ITC’s spa, offering 30 treatments including hot stone massages, though it was closed during my visit due to coronavirus.

When normal service resumes, you can even get a haircut before you check out.

All in all, I have no complaints about my latest stay at the ITC Grand Central, where I always feel very comfortable when I visit Mumbai.

The food and beverage is good but the service is one aspect that should be mentioned as the staff are very hardworking, and a credit to the hotel.

##

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: my blog, Take Off With Guru
enviroian likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Wow, the Point of View Lounge looks amazing!
Old May 28, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: NA
Very nice pics. Thanks for the post!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.