Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The United Island Hopper via Honolulu & Kauai, Hawaii, USA via Alaska First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The United Island Hopper via Honolulu & Kauai, Hawaii, USA via Alaska First Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2020, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Great Report WT73, reminds me when I did the Hopper back in Apr/May 2019.
Eff me, another one I should write a TR on in this lifetime

And I'll apologize for the intrusion, but would I suggest taking WT73Jr. along?
It's quite the eye-opener "Once in a Lifetime" Adventure going all the way out there
Thanks for the insight Short Hair Francis. There's some good insight there on the immigration situation.

I can't get WT73Jr off his iPhone so much these days. A trip like this might drive him mad.

Originally Posted by garykung
Unfortunately, this is not going to happen.

The GUM-HKG route has been cancelled with the replacement of 2nd SFO-HKG route.
Thanks GaryKung - I don't think the Island Hopper is also running with much frequency these days either. Cargo perhaps?

, was emphasizing the breaking up of days then anything else.
WT73 can swap HKG-GUM-HKG with MNL and that thing should still flow as usual.

I'm not sure if I see a GUM-HKG or a 2nd SFO-HKG coming back first.
Personally I see neither with the bleak HKG future.
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I could use some ShF TR reading to keep me busy this winter!
Yeah wakesetter!
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Thanks GaryKung - I don't think the Island Hopper is also running with much frequency these days either. Cargo perhaps?
I don't know about the passengers. But Island Hopper should not be affected by COVID-19.

Keep in mind - this route is a major lifeline for the islands.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Fabulous trip report! I've seen it a long while on the boards but never had the time reading through all of it. Only now I finally had the chance and I didn't regret it for one minute. Great pictures, and a very informative and entertaining read as well. Thanks for posting.

I've always wanted to do the island hopper (+ adding on Yap/Palau as proper stops to visit) and each time I read a proper flight report like this on it, it keeps on getting higher on my bucket list.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I could use some ShF TR reading to keep me busy this winter!
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Thanks for the insight Short Hair Francis. There's some good insight there on the immigration situation.

I can't get WT73Jr off his iPhone so much these days. A trip like this might drive him mad.

Yeah wakesetter!
wakesetter, there is something in the works...
Hell I already have the title, Intro and 16 out of 56 parts written.
Problem is I need to find something to host my photos, used to use flickr but can't access my account no more
Oh and my photos sizes are 5-9mb a photo @ ~100 pics a part...
Loading them on FT directly might crash everyone's screen

There's also editing troubleshooting needed too, how to find a balance between PC and "You're Fired"

Thanks for the encouragement WT73 , I'll try to have something out by Christmas.
Don't want to post anything until its got a significant portion completed.

Better a phone then Teenage Pregnancy LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Fabulous trip report! I've seen it a long while on the boards but never had the time reading through all of it. Only now I finally had the chance and I didn't regret it for one minute. Great pictures, and a very informative and entertaining read as well. Thanks for posting.

I've always wanted to do the island hopper (+ adding on Yap/Palau as proper stops to visit) and each time I read a proper flight report like this on it, it keeps on getting higher on my bucket list.
Romanianflyer, go for 7A or 7F and avoid Typhoon Season, you won't regret it
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
wakesetter, there is something in the works...
Hell I already have the title, Intro and 16 out of 56 parts written.
Problem is I need to find something to host my photos, used to use flickr but can't access my account no more
Oh and my photos sizes are 5-9mb a photo @ ~100 pics a part...
Loading them on FT directly might crash everyone's screen

There's also editing troubleshooting needed too, how to find a balance between PC and "You're Fired"
Let me know what you find, I'm having an issue with photo hosting as well. Looking forward to reading it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.