Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A short trip report of intra-Asia MH flights (2020 Feb)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A short trip report of intra-Asia MH flights (2020 Feb)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:04 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
A short trip report of intra-Asia MH biz flights (2020 Feb)

This year I’ve flown much less than usual so I have to do some Marco Polo Club (MPC) point run to keep my MPC Gold tier. Based in Hong Kong means CX gives poor value and MH fills the void nicely. A friend of mine moved to Jakarta recently so I have all the reasons to have a weekend getaway.

I am keeping this review short!

MH73 HKG-KUL
MH727 KUL-CGK
MH720 CGK-KUL
MH78 KUL-HKG, all in biz class
MPC points: 80 in total
------------------------------------
1. Wing lounge in HKG

What a sight to see empty shelves in Wing J lounge amid Wuhan Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak...some self-serve food was still available and was individually wrapped. Noodles bar served two hot dishes out of CX economy meal metal foil tray (did not take photo; see for an example here) in addition to the usual noodles selection.
Attached Images      

Last edited by royng; Mar 4, 2020 at 10:01 am
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
2. Mh73 hkg-kul

2. MH73 HKG-KUL

I was the only passenger in biz class so I had all the 16 seats to choose from!"(I heard the whole plane has about 47 passengers only and boarding was a breeze.) HKG ground was full of CX and KA planes going to no where...

After serving the satay flight attendant came and asked how it was. I took the hint and asked for more satay! The lamb was bit dry so I had chicken satay for the re-fill.

All three entrees were not that appealing to me. I had the "Ling fish"which was okay, but not so tasty. It's a shame because I should have the appetite for plane food as I didn't eat much in lounge.

The flight went quickly as I was busying working on computer (thankfully they have electric sockets and USB ports at all biz seats).
Attached Images        
airways91 and klehrberger like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Mh727 kul-cgk

3. MH727 KUL-CGK

I had three hours for transit. I had transited KUL before so I knew my way around KUL and could not kill the time by walking around. I was worried about bringing Wuhan virus from Hong Kong to my friend in Jakarta, so I used the shower in KUL and changed into clean clothes before continuing to next flight.

Meal service commenced quickly after take off. I wanted to have the Nasi Daging but it ran out when flight attendant reached me at the 3rd row (biz was about 40% full only). The Ayam Perchik was okay but I was expecting it to be more flavorful.

It was a quick flight (2 hrs block time) and uneventful.....till it landed when captain slammed the plane down onto ground. It was the first time I felt so close to dying when flying!
Attached Images   
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:48 am
Original Poster

4. Mh720 cgk-kul

I had brunch with friends but shabu-shabu at CGK airport caught my eyes! It was quite tasty!

Plaza Premium lounge at CGK T3 was nice with lots of seats and wide variety of food. At their noodles bar they serve Indomie instant noodles. (no complaint from me!)

Inflight I tried to have Ayam Masak Habang but it ran out. The braised beef with chilli garlic sauce was fair. Fortunately I wasn't hungry to begin with...
Attached Images      
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:55 am
Original Poster

5. Mh78 kul-hkg

At the final flight of this point run I did not get the first choice again...(first world problem, I know). So instead of Beef Rendang Tok I had Ayam Pongteh which I did not enjoy. Should have asked for economy entrees.....

At least I managed to watch Big Bang Theory s12 finale in plane
Attached Images    
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:42 pm

I wouldn't think you had a high chance of contracting the virus in an empty J cabin with the plane flying up from KUL.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline
I wouldn't think you had a high chance of contracting the virus in an empty J cabin with the plane flying up from KUL.
I was worried about picking up the virus out from HKG airport...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.