Wiki Posts
Search

[video] | lufthansa airbus a340-300 | premium economy | frankfurt - panama city

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:16 am
Original Poster

[video] | lufthansa airbus a340-300 | premium economy | frankfurt - panama city

Please follow the link to the video:

It's hard to say if I was more excited about flying Airbus A340 for the first time or trying Lufthansa's Premium Economy for the first time! The plane was more than 20-year old, but went through retrofitting process, so I couldn't feel it's age at all, especially sitting in pretty new Premium Economy cabin. I used my 47 000 miles (Miles and More) to get one-way ticket for this flight.

FLIGHT DETAILS:
✈ Airline: Lufthansa
✈ Aircraft: Airbus A340-300
✈ Seat: 12K
✈ Class: Premium Economy
✈ Route: Frankfurt (FRA) - Panama City (PTY)
✈ Date: February 2020

REVIEW:

1. Getting to Frankfurt

Frankfurt was my 3-hour layover on the way from Cracow (Poland) to Panama City. I flew on Lufthansa's A321 from KRK. I will post trip report from this flight as well. There was no Premium Economy on A321, so I took standard economy seat.

2. Check-in

My bag was checked-in in Cracow, so I didn't have a lot of things to care about in Frankfurt. The airport is really big and it took 25 minutes to walk from my arrival gate to departure one. These were located in the same terminal (T1). There was a really long line for personal control, so it took almost 60 minutes to pass it.

3. Boarding

There is no priority boarding for Premium Economy passengers in Lufthansa - I found it pretty disappointing. I was one of the last passengers to board, but luckily there are some spacious overhead bins in Premium Economy zone.

4. Departure

There was no pre-departure drink or snack. As a 5-star airline I am sure Lufthansa should provide some service before departure.

5. Comfort, food and in-flight service

I was satisfied with Premium seat's comfort and space. It was wide, had pretty big recline, headrest and footrest. I slept through half of the flight and that doesn't usually happen when I am flying standard economy class.

We were served two meals:
- Beef stew (with vegetarian option as a second choice)
- Tomato pasta (without any other option)
Both meals were really tasty, but I guess the selection of meals should be wider.

We were also served ice-cream, tasty fresh juice and pretzels.

Two hot towels were provided during whole flight.

6. IFE and Wi-Fi

The IFE screen is big and works great! The variety of movies, series and music is huge. I guess every Lufthansa's long haul aircraft is equipped with Wi-Fi router on board and it works very well. There is no "free messaging" option available.

7. Overall

Looking at the price I paid for the ticket, it was definitely worth the money, but mainly because of comfort. Service was no different than the one provided in economy cabin (only hot towels and fresh juice were some add-ons). I think there are airlines, not even rated 5-star airlines, that provide a little bit more in their premium products.

Thank you for your time, feel free to comment if you have any questions.

Kris
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:17 pm

Nice video.
12hrs in that seat NO Thankyou.
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
Nice video.
12hrs in that seat NO Thankyou.
Qatar does't operate on tis route But was pretty comfortable anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.