Search

Minneapolis to Paris (CDG) in Delta One

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Minneapolis to Paris (CDG) in Delta One

Greetings!

It has been a long time since I have written a report on this forum, and after reading so many great reports over the past few years, I thought I would finally sit down and write about a recent trip that my wife and I took back in November 2019.

Early in 2019, my wife and I decided upon making a trip to visit Vienna and Budapest. Both of us love to travel, and so were looking for places we could go in Europe that would be relatively easy to get to with minimal connections, and places that we really wanted to visit. We loved our time in both cities, and especially hope to visit Budapest again as we came away wanting another day there to explore.

After several months of anticipation, our trip finally came, and on our day of departure, we arrived at MSP just after 1:30pm for our 4:15pm departure to Vienna, with a connecting flight in Paris (CDG).

Flight Details :
Delta # 0042
MSP-CDG
767-300 ER
Delta One; Seats 4B and 4C.

After checking our luggage and moving through security relatively quickly due to quieter security lines at the time, my wife and I relaxed and enjoyed the various snacks in the SkyClub for a few hours. As usual, the lounge was packed with people, and so while we enjoyed our time in the lounge, we ended up leaving a bit sooner to walk to our gate. Minneapolis is a great airport to fly from, and we were also looking forward to not having to connect on the outbound to Paris, as Delta has been operating non-stops to Paris from Minneapolis for many years. It was a beautifully sunny day in Minneapolis that day, and our 767-300 was already at our gate when we arrived, getting prepared for our long-haul flight.

At about 3:30pm, boarding began, and we soon were making ourselves on-board. The flight was completely full, and within minutes of sitting down, the entire cabin was full of people stowing luggage, and getting settled in. The menu for our flight was also already at our seats, and within a few minutes, one of the Flight Attendant's confirmed the meal choices I had pre-selected for us online a few days prior.

As boarding finished, we were welcomed on-board, and that in a few moments the door would be shut and we'd be on our way. The Captain then welcomed everyone on-board, and let us know that the flight time would be just over 8 and 1/2 hours, and to expect a smooth flight over the Atlantic.

While I would have preferred flying in the newer Delta One cabins on the A350 or 777, I did find the cabin on the 767 to be very comfortable, with the only complaint being that the video screen in front of me was pretty old, and required me to push really hard at each icon several times, as the unit was not very responsive.

Once airborne, we had a great flight. The food and beverages served were very good, and as I've come to expect with Delta, the service was excellent. Everyone was so kind and welcoming, and we left the flight in Paris the next morning feeling rested and relaxed.

Below are some photos from the flight and meal service. I hope you enjoy!

~757

View from 4B

Wine list for the flight to Paris ... the Barbera was delicious!

Enjoying the 'Welcome Cocktail' - it was delicious!

Appetizer, Butternut Squash Soup, and the first of many pretzel rolls ... those were so good!

Entree : Balsamic Beef Tenderloin. It was very good.

Sampling from the dessert cart ... I had to have both the cheese and ice-cream!

Breakfast served 90 minutes out from Paris ... The eggs were tasty, but I was still so full from dinner, that I mainly nibbled on some fruit and the bread.

After lots of walking and transiting through customs, we made it to our connecting flight to Vienna. Here's a view from our Air France A319

Light breakfast on AF between Paris and Vienna. It was just okay, but yet again, we were not that hungry after all the food just a few hours before.

Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Thanks for the report!

One comment: no trays would be even better, but it would elevate their service quality if Delta just put a table cloth on the meal trays. Those clear plastic trays are awful. Even the very basic AF breakfast looks better with the place mat on the tray.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage
Thanks for the report!

One comment: no trays would be even better, but it would elevate their service quality if Delta just put a table cloth on the meal trays. Those clear plastic trays are awful. Even the very basic AF breakfast looks better with the place mat on the tray.
Thanks for your comment! Yes, I agree the trays are not the nicest things for sure, but I like them better than the bamboo trays they used to have!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the report! I’m actually looking to book a ticket back from Europe in the summer, and this was incredibly helpful. Soft product looks top notch, but the hard product looks really dated on the 763.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dat4life
Thanks for the report! I’m actually looking to book a ticket back from Europe in the summer, and this was incredibly helpful. Soft product looks top notch, but the hard product looks really dated on the 763.
Thanks for the comment! Yes, soft product is definitely great, but as you said, the hard product is dated ... especially on the 767. Wish we were lucky enough to get the new cabins coming soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.