Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Melbourne, The Gold Coast & Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Australia via Qantas First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Melbourne, The Gold Coast & Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Australia via Qantas First

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Day 2

Our second day at Surfer’s Paradise, we returned to the beach. I left the big camera at home today so today’s photos are courtesy of my iPhone. We had a leisurely day, staying beachside from 11:30 AM to about 3 PM. We picked a sunnier spot that wasn’t blocked by the towering skyscrapers as the sun crept through the day.

Towards the end of the day, we transitioned to the hotel pool for the sundowners. MrsWT73 could access some rose wine and it was remarkably less windy. We had some boardwalk views of the sun setting between the buildings.

Along with sunset views from the room after it got too cold for a bathing suit by the pool…

We finished our last night in Surfers’ out to Sandbar for some 50% off food. It was just okay, although really fresh. I went with an Tuna Poke bowl which was a bit bland tasting.

Then a final wander over through town for some last minute souvenirs. All in all we enjoyed our stay in paradise. I can see why it is such a popular holiday destination for Australians.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Qantas Business Lounge
Brisbane Domestic Terminal.

In keeping with the holiday mode, we had a mid-day wake up. After a Marriott Platinum Breakfast, (pricing at $44 AUD on the weekend), we packed up the “Made in Australia” Holden Commodore AWD V6 and headed up the M3 freeway back to the Brisbane Airport. It was a much easier drive today without all the traffic as we passed by all the police traffic cameras on the way up to Brisbane. Thankfully, no tickets this time.

Arriving towards the airport, we gassed up and returned the car. It was surprisingly quiet at the Avis return area.

We rolled ourselves through the Brisbane Air Train area, which was much more impressive than our tiny Skytrain subway airport platform in Vancouver, Canada.

We headed to the far left over to the Qantas Business “Precinct”. Qantas has recently renovated their business class area in Brisbane to incorporate a dedicated and private check in, security and direct delivery deposit of passengers into the lounge.

It works and we were able to bypass an otherwise moderate line with the regular check in, in favor of a no line area with no wait and lots of space. After check in, it was up the escalators immediately up to the split lounge areas of both the Qantas Club and the Qantas Business Lounge.

Once inside, we headed for the Qantas Business Lounge. The Qantas Business Lounge was a nicely decorated space, with ample loungers, dining areas and communal seating areas.

There was a separated dining area…

Along with an area and separate small format manned bar at the rear of the lounge…

Like with all other Qantas Lounges, there was great food and beverage. Although we had access to Priority Pass restaurants in the concourse, we were much better served pecking away at the food on offer in the Qantas Lounge areas.

There was also a very full water station with infused waters.

I had soup, and a fresh ham and cheese toastie, along with a salad. This was paired with great airside views of Qantas’ short haul propeller operation.

Wine and alcohol service started serving at 12 PM (like in Melbourne) at a long bar in the center of the lounge.

We headed down to the gate at 12:40 PM passing through the long hallway towards the Qantas Club. I never headed in but it seemed it had the lessor views overlooking the buildings and the vehicle arrival area streetside.

On arrival to the gate, a short 10 minute gate delay was announced so we stopped in at “Graze at the Gate” for a Priority Pass water, and a glass of wine. They were still catering the plane with hold doors still open on our arrival so I figured it may be a while.

Qantas still manages to put out a quality lounge product, even in their domestic operations. I wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to visit them. Having now visited their Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and now Brisbane lounges, their domestic lounges are always spacious, well catered and pleasant places to pass the time in.
aeroman380 and nequine like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Qantas Airlines
QF 533 – Business Class (U)
BNE – SYD (Brisbane International Airport – Sydney Kingford Smith International Airport)
July 20, 2019
2:05 PM – 3:40 PM
Booked: Boeing 737-800
Flown: Boeing 737-800

We were among the last to board, thankfully no one travels with rollies in Australia so there was lots of bin space left. We were into the usual barca lounger seats on this B737 with views of an active apron immediately next to us.

There was a PDB offer of sparkling or still water in a proper glass.

We had an easy departure with no other traffic to delay us today. Our departure track and climb was over the city and immediately southbound.

We had very pleasant older crews today who took interest in us travelling; especially when they learned that we were Canadian. Stories were shared of the crew's Alaskan Cruises and their journeys on the somewhat famous Rocky Mountaineer Rail Tour through from Vancouver to Banff.

Today meal offering was a proper meal consisting of a Moroccan Soup or a Bali Duck with Jasmine Rice and Green Beans, along with a specialty chocolate were offered for lunch. This was paired with Howe Island Sauvingon Blanc. They had run out of the soup option by the time that they got back to Row 3.

Regular top ups of wine were offered, much to MrsWT73’s pleasure.

We had a nice sunny descent into Sydney. Usually when I arrive into Sydney, it’s after a long overseas flight and its’ in the morning when you’re all groggy and tired. It was absolutely spectacular and gorgeous to be able to arrive in the afternoon. We had a terrific view of the city as we lined up toward the south of the airport; we happened to be sitting on the correct side water side of the plane for once.

[/url]

We eventually passed over the airport as we circled around for the final approach. Sydney’s sure a spectacular place to arrive to when the sun is setting.

[

We were off at Sydney Domestic Terminal 3 and the bags were out without any issues pretty darn quick.

We rolled over to the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards lane and picked up our Audi Q2. As we were staying just one night, I went with the more economical option to rent a car and self drive versus two Blacklane’s or bothering with the airport train and a taxi both ways.

All in all, our short flight was pretty uneventful. The coastal flying made the views over Australia much more enjoyable. Qantas rates quite high in my book with their offerings and I can't wait to fly them again in the future.
nequine likes this.

Last edited by worldtraveller73; Jun 13, 2020 at 11:45 am
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Y'all seem to pack quite a bit into your trips. How long do these typically last? I can't keep up with the dates in my head.

Looking forward to the rest of the adventure!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Looks like a great continuation of your trip. Wow, Brisbane looks like a huge city. I didn't realize it was as big as how it appeared in your photos. Qantas domestic J looks like a good product for short haul flights, while long haul premium with Qantas doesn't look as impressive as some other airlines.

Looking forward to your next part!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
I love the aerial photos of Sydney! Thanks for posting.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Fantastic photos of Sydney as you came into land!

Would you recommend the Marriott in Surfers?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:03 am

Great report thanks. Holden actually ceased manufacturing cars in Australia in 2016. The car you rented was actually made in Europe.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Y'all seem to pack quite a bit into your trips. How long do these typically last? I can't keep up with the dates in my head.

Looking forward to the rest of the adventure!
Thanks wakesetter. This one was exactly two weeks. It's always a balance between trying to relax and the fear of missing out while on a holiday. Australia is such a long way from anything so if we wanted to relax, we'd just stay closer to home near the Americas.

Originally Posted by 757
Looks like a great continuation of your trip. Wow, Brisbane looks like a huge city. I didn't realize it was as big as how it appeared in your photos. Qantas domestic J looks like a good product for short haul flights, while long haul premium with Qantas doesn't look as impressive as some other airlines.

Looking forward to your next part!
Yes 757: Brisbane has gown up into the major leagues. It was a small city when I last visited in 1998. It seems as though it's come into it's own as a major gateway on the East Coast.

Originally Posted by janehoya
I love the aerial photos of Sydney! Thanks for posting.
Thanks janehoya. It's a gorgeous city to arrive to by air.

Originally Posted by nequine
Fantastic photos of Sydney as you came into land!

Would you recommend the Marriott in Surfers?
I would easily recommend the Marriott in Surfers, nequine. It's no St Regis, but a great place if you're looking for family accommodation in a slightly older property. They treat Platinums' / Titaniums well there so any hotel that does that is great in my book.

Originally Posted by Camohe
Great report thanks. Holden actually ceased manufacturing cars in Australia in 2016. The car you rented was actually made in Europe.
Thanks for the update Camohe; unfortunately another manufacturing industry down the tubes, like other places in the world...
nequine likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Pier One Sydney Harbor – Autograph Collection
Water View, Guest Room – 1 King

We arrived after a bit of around about driving route courtesy of Google Maps skipping through signals and the towers around Darling Harbour. Having accidentally drove over the Sydney Harbor Bridge, we ended up at the hotel.

I picked this property as it was positioned in an excellent location to the Harbor Bridge and reasonably priced being right around the corner from the Park Hyatt Sydney. Since we were on a short stopover, the objective was to be down by the water, instead of in an upper downtown hotel where we'd have to walk to get to the harbour. MrsWT73, somehow with the treatment of all the indulgences, had the impression that we were staying at the $900 AUD a night Park Hyatt, instead of the $250 AUD Pier One.

The lobby area was chic and featured great views of the water.

The front desk check in was prompt. A local amenity was offered, in addition to breakfast, although we just opted for the points since we weren’t sticking around long in the morning and would have access to a nice breakfast in the Qantas First Class lounge. The car was promptly valeted, with no self park option.

I had applied Suite Night Awards to the room but they had failed to clear. Instead, we had been upgraded from a base room into a Water View Room. We were assigned #318, which was a room close to the water side of the harbor. We wandered through the distressed beam hallways towards our room.

The room was one of the more compact rooms that we had stayed in on this trip. The hotel is in restored warehouse, so a smaller room is likely to be expected. If you’re looking for a spacious suite, this is not the property for you since most rooms appear to be on the smaller side.

The room was nicely attired and decorated with modern furnishings. There was a small snack bar and the usual amenities such as an iron and a safe.

The bathroom was nicely appointed with two sinks, along with a see through shower to the living room.

A complimentary bottle of wine was also provided, along with a nice card thanking me for my Platinum status. Unfortunately, we ended up finding out about this after our evening ended, having arrived to the property at around 7 PM, heading out for the night, and returning to the hotel at around 11 PM.

After we checked in, we headed out for a walk over to the Sydney Opera House. It was Saturday night, and despite being winter, everyone was out and about enjoying the city. The hotel has a great location with the harbor being very close to the property.

We wandered up around Circular Quay towards the Opera Kitchen for a little dinner. It was a busy place tonight. The seagulls were especially keen on all the food.

After dinner, we had a quick walk through The Rocks almost under the Harbour Bridge. It was quieter than expected tonight but still a nice place to spend a little time.

With a final walk back to the hotel…

After our quick sleep, I woke up in the morning at about 6 AM. I was determined to get the most out of a 20 hour stopover since you're only through one of the world's greatest cities a few times in your life. As a result, I left MrsWT73 in bed and left Pier One for a morning harbour walk. There were several others out this morning jogging and taking pictures of the morning sunrise. My reward was a simply unbeatable view of one of the world’s most recognizable landmarks.

It was nice and calm as the sun broke the horizon as I wandered back towards the hotel as the sand quickly ran through the hourglass and it was time to get to the airport for our flight.

I returned to the hotel where MrsWT73 was finally getting ready. The Pier One Sydney was perfectly adequate for our needs; a trendy, fashionable, quick crash pad in Sydney situated in an excellent location. In summary, it was an all-to-quick stay at this property and I’d be keen to return.
aeroman380 and nequine like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Qantas International First Lounge – Sydney Kingford Smith
Sydney, Australia

We self drove ourselves to the Sydney International Airport. On Sunday morning, there was a major traffic jam on the approach to the terminal. It seems that all the international flights were leaving at around the same time causing major car traffic pile ups. It was less than 5 km/h for about 10 minutes.

We returned the car to a compact International Hertz Rental return. The area was full of Chinese families with kids running around in the traffic lanes, mom’s not really paying much attention and dad’s smoking cigarettes in and between everyone. We didn’t get a charged a drop fee for dropping at the International wing, despite having rented from Sydney Domestic wing. I tried to figure this out in advance, but couldn’t find anything on line about this; despite it being two wholly different sides of the airport. After we returned the car, we headed over to the Qantas first class check in.

Unlike some other more impressive facilities around the world, the Qantas First Class check in has a pretty pedestrian and boring space in the D finger. There was a short wait of about 3 parties ahead of us. We were able to get our boarding cards for SYD-DFW and DFW-SEA on Alaska, but not SEA-YVR. We were given instructions to the first lounge immediately after security and up the escalators to the left. Cutting into the lounge time, we didn’t make it out of the first check in zone before we had an irritating “security questionnaire” full of non sensical profiling questions from a civilian security guard who eventually applied a sticker to our passport.

We joined the masses and went through passport exit controls (which were now wholly automated). I got thrown into secondary screening at the immigration exit for some reason here but a quick glance at the passport by the Australian Border Force and I was on my way.

Security was a massive endeavor with several lanes open. I made it through the fracas but MrsWT73 got pulled into secondary for bag swabbing just as she was re-assembling her bags into a rolling carry on pyramid of convenience.

We entered into the duty free mayhem world of Sydney Airport. The prices were not actually any better than street side. Despite this, I couldn’t resist at picking up some specialty T2 tea that was priced at $18 AUD despite the grocery store selling it in Surfers for $15 AUD. It was a last little bit of Australia to take home.

We were a bit pressed for time since we had pre-booked 9 AM spa appointments which were coming up fast so we headed straight for the escalators and up to the Qantas First class lounge.

At the check in, we self identified to the reception at the top of the escalators and were walked down to the back of the room for our treatments. It was a good thing that we had booked in advance as I doubt there would have been availability had we walked in expecting a spa booking.

I went for a scalp neck and shoulder massage. All the treatments were only 20 minutes long and the time went way too fast.

After we got out of the spa, I had an opportunity to look around. My first impression of the lounge as we walked past was how busy it was; there must have been over 300 people in the lounge. You won’t ever confuse this place with the BA Concorde Room or the Lufthansa First Class Lounge as both of those places are pretty quiet sanctuaries compared to here.

After the treatments, we sat down for breakfast along the glass windows. The sun was pouring in and it was a bit of a hot experience temperature wise. Despite the windows, there doesn’t seem to be any blinds and the lounge catches the full morning sun as it rises.

MrsWT73 was happy to see that the international departure terminal was a local liquor law free zone meaning that champagne was available to be served prior to 12 PM, unlike all our other Australian domestic lounge experiences. We both settled on a Perrier Jouet champagne. I had my last smoked salmon benny of the trip with sourdough toast with marmalade and MrsWT73 went for an egg white omelet with parsley, capsicum and mushroom. It was such a privilege and pleasure to eat in a quality first class lounge prior to getting on the flight.

After breakfast, we took a little explore of the crescent that is the Qantas Sydney First Class Lounge. The lounge was designed by Mark Newson who assisted also with designing the Qantas First Class cabins. Although the First Class lounge opened in 2007, the design still looks contemporary and ever so cool in it’s vibe. The lounge is split in its lounging versus restaurant table areas intermittently, so there is a nice blend of functions throughout most of the lounge. The lounge is evidence of how money spent on designing a lounge can have a lasting impression on a visit. I don't think I've ever been as impressed at lounge architecture anywhere in the world in comparison to this space.

I was also over the moon and being able to watch some of the split flap displays that grace the entry and the two ends of the Sydney Lounge. It’s one of the two split flap display locations in Australia, with the other being at the Melbourne First Class Lounge. It’s rare to see these types of displays left in aviation. I have vivid memories of stepping off the plane as a 9 near old at Kai Tak Airport in Hong Kong and seeing one of these rotating displays for the first time and wondering what it all meant.

We settled into some loungers by the windows while we passed the time. The restaurant menu changed over from breakfast to lunch at 11 AM. MrsWT73 commented on how good lunch looked but we didn’t opt for a second serving of food. MrsWT73 opted for Pommery Champagne for the next round which wasn’t as good as the Perrier Jouet. Eventually the 300 or so people that were in the lounge when we arrived seem to filter down to a more comfortable 150. It was designed in a low density manner so that despite all the people, it did not feel super crowded.

I snapped some lunch menu photographs, although we didn’t actually enjoy any of it since we didn't order any lunch.

We had some stellar airside views thanks to the large windows in this lounge. Most of the aircraft were of the One World variety, but there were some odd ones around that were passing by every now and then.

We eventually saw our Sydney to Dallas A380 being towed in off stand…

I was really happy to have visited. The lounge is a busy place but overall a pleasant option prior to any flight. The best part was that MrsWT73 enjoyed her experience, which is all the more than I could ask for.

wrp96 and nequine like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Qantas Airlines
QF 7 – First Class (P)
SYD – DFW (Sydney Kingford Smith International Airport – Dallas Forth Worth)
July 21, 2019
12:35 PM – 1:00 PM
Booked: Airbus 380-800
Flown: Airbus 380-800

I was looking forward to this flight as it was the longest flight in our personal history book by distance travelled. The flight was to cover 8,577 miles (13,804 km) and about 14.5 hours of flight time. It beat our past personal record of Dubai to Los Angeles on Emirates at 8,309 miles and 13,420 km. At the time we travelled, it was the 7th longest flight in the world by distance, just ahead of Philippines Airlines PR 127 New York JFK to Manila, but behind United Airlines UA 101 Houston – Sydney. It was a bit amazing that there was Alaska Mileage Plan reward space on it, but sometimes you just have to take what you can book. This particular flight was several thousand miles out of the way inland into the Americas and we would need to back track towards the coast, eventually heading toward Vancouver.

We left the lounge at about T-65 and headed down to the main concourse. We stocked up on a bottle of Wirra Wirra Sauvingon Blanc Duty Free Wine and headed to Gate 9.

Gate 7 – 9 appeared to be set up for US Departures as an extra screening gate. As with most USA overseas flights, there was an army of additional security screening staff. MrsWT73 was unlucky enough to be pulled into secondary for a 3rd time by security “because she had too many carry on’s and looked irritated”. LOL, that’s a good one, although I wouldn’t want to be the screener that provided that information as a reason for her security check. As a result of the secondary, secondary, security screening, we missed the first boarding call. The gate area was pretty full of people blocking the aisles anyway with no easy way to get over to the first lane.

Once on the jet bridge, we had a proper 3rd jet bridge dedicated to First Class. As we headed down the jet bridge, we were met halfway down by a Qantas host who escorted us to our seats.

The Suite was the same comfortable seat we had on the way down. It was all the better to be arriving to the suite in the day time as opposed to the 10:30 PM time we had departing Los Angeles.

We had a steward introduction “Stu” and a Cabin Manager introduction (who would be upstairs for most of the flight). Our steward “Stu” had a strong likeness to actor Jason Stratham, of the Transporter movie series. As a result MrsWT73 very much welcomed his “attention(s)” throughout the flight for the 14 ½ hrs. I was immediately placed on hiatus for most of the first half of the flight.

Qantas opens the “good” champagne on the ground, so a Tattinger Comtes be Blanc 2007 champagne was the pre-departure beverage of choice. We also had some almond and olives dropped off as an amuse bouche.

The seats and entertainment were controlled by the same dated controllers and wired remote.

The seat had in suite power, although rather inconveniently tucked on the floor of the entry and exit of the suite. This meant the potential for kicking out your plugs as you entered and exited the area.

The amenity kits were dropped off, along with another pair of Martin Grant L / XL pajamas.

While we were waiting to get underway, I played with the in flight map and the cameras. Eventually, we would get underway and taxi out.

A take off roll and away we went. We had a nice gentle rise to cruising altitude; Airbus A380 is such a super pleasant way to fly.

While I was waiting for the action to get going, I settled into Australian “Classics” movies. The Crocodile Dundee movie still isn’t boring after all these years… that is, if you don’t get a regular dose of it like you probably would have in Australia.

The menus were also presented for the flight. Qantas as re-instated the tasting menu concept departing Australia. It is a light version as it is not specifically paired with any wines, but rather a sequence of meals that are recommended courtesy of celebrity chef Neil Perry.

There was the rest of the regular menu, which was decent as well.

There was also a very respectable wine list, with some Australian regional favorites.

Getting underway, I enjoyed another glass of the Taittinger Comtes de Champagne, along with a Caviar tarlet with cauliflower puree. It’s smart of Qantas to offer caviar in a smaller portion, instead of a traditional caviar serving. This way, they can say that they’ve served it, instead of likely all the expense of a full portion. It was nice and tasty. Along with the caviar was ocean trout tataki with soy, jalapeno and cucumber. Both exceptional and super tasty.

After that, the table was set for the tasting menu experience…

Roast pumpkin soup with garlic and thyme croutons and herbed crème fraiche.

I deviated from the tasting menu since I wasn’t able to have my favorite dumplings at the Opera Kitchen at the Sydney Opera House. I went with the Pork and Shitake dumplings with pickled cucumber, and spicy black vinegar dressing. It was absolutely sensational! This was paired with the Jim Barry The Florita Riesling 2012, Clare Valley, Australia.

In almost an identical replication of our Rockpool dinner in Melbourne, the main was a Rockpool Bar and Grill style Cape Grim beef filet with potato and cabbage gratin, broccolini and fresh horseradish. This was paired with the fantastic Hollick “Ravenswood” Cabernet Sauvingon 2015 from Coonawarra, South Australia.

Unfortunately, the steak was terribly overcooked through and not really of restaurant quality. Although branded as such, I wouldn’t have ever missed out on the Rockpool restaurant experience in lieu of trying it on the plane.

Desert was chocolate mousse with sour cherries and toasted almonds. This was paired with Lillypilly Noble Blend 2015, Riverina New South Wales. It was pretty tasty, a solid eight out of ten on the dessert scale.

Dinner service was complete about 4 hours into the flight or at about 4:30PM Sydney Time. We were just approaching Tonga by this point.

I went upstairs to the lounge area with MrsWT73 while I finished off my desert wine. I also took a look at the business class “bar”, which offered some bottles available for self pour. There were an ample selection of magazines and snacks. Stu made up our bedding for the evening in the First Class suite while we were up there.

We had some turbulence and when it was safe to do so, we came back down to our seats. Having had an early 6 AM wake up, I had a sleep. I must have been tired from all the traveling as I slept for almost 7 hours.

I woke up as we approached the Baja California peninsula, at about 3 hours left in flight time.

I ended up deciding this would be a good time to take breakfast. It started with Neil’s Health Bircher Musli with apple, almond and hazelnut with Meredit Dairy Sheep’s milk yoghurt, along with more of that excellent champagne.

An interesting poached egg with pearl barley, kale and spinach salad, toasted nuts, seeds, pomegranate and yoghurt dressing, along with orange juice, sourdough toast with marmalade, and a Vittoria Cinque Stelle Coffee. That was an interesting dish but a different breakfast. Ohh, and a little bit more of that Tattinger Comte de Blancs champagne.

Our cabin representative “Stu” came over to thank us for flying with them today. MrsWT73 was sad to see him go (laughing).

We had an approach to Dallas from the north, which I followed with the SkyCam so that I would watch the big bird touch down. We had several cabin announcements relating to domestic passengers having to retrieve checked bags, whereas international connecting passengers to Canada and Mexico did not have to retrieve bags.

We arrived to the D concourse at D16 on one of the only A380’s in town. With the new re-fined Global Entry, we did not even have to submit fingerprints or passport and we were straight through without so much as a question asked.

A great Qantas flight and a new favorite of MrsWT73 for the no nonsense food, great wines and very spacious seat. Qantas First was easily among the new favourites for us. Highly recommended if you can get your hands on some of it.
aeroman380, standch and nequine like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
The QF A380 is the only one with regular service into DFW. Most long haul routes are served by the 777, A330 and 787.

Looks like a great flight but man it's a long one!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:59 pm

A great read! Thanks for taking the time to post it!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I loved your photos of Sydney - your room looked so close to the water that you could wave to the passengers on the ferry!

Why did you not fly DFW to Vancouver direct or is there no flights for that route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.