Midwest Moves

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Moves

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Midwest Moves

Tour of Duty 5th June 2019 to 9th July 2019
Part II: 11th June to 14th June

I awoke the morning of Tuesday 11th June. I learned that there were no rental cars available in Joplin so I rang my friend and he was able to pick me up and take me to Independence, Kansas where my next truck was waiting. We stopped at Braum's for midday rations and I comped him a tank of fuel before we arrived at the shipper. Once I arrived at the shipper I got the key, located the truck, loaded my gear and once I was satisfied the truck was working my friend left and I completed the safety inspection and did the required paperwork.

Trip: Independence, KS to St-Louis, MO 360 paid miles
Make: 2020 International
Model: Box Truck
Transmission: Automatic
Route: US160 to US59 to US166 to Interstate 44
Maximum elevation: unknown but Springfield, MO is listed at 1,300 feet
Highest diesel price USA: 2.979$ per gallon at Pilot Joplin, MO
Lowest diesel price USA: 2.799$ per gallon at Akas Independence, KS

I got underway and after taking on some fuel in Independence I navigated the two lane US Highways in Kansas and joined Interstate 44 just inside Missouri. I stopped in Joplin to take on fuel and have evening rations at Wendy's. Just after leaving Joplin I saw fireflies for the first time this year. I continued east and made a pit stop at Bois D'Arc, MO before continuing east and I spent the night in St-Robert, MO.

Wednesday it was wet with rain at times from St-Robert to Villa Ridge, MO. I stopped in Sullivan, MO to take on fuel then I stopped in Villa Ridge and had midday rations at Mr. Fuel. I learned of my next trip one from Edwardsville, IL to Kansas City, MO. I saw a couple of Route 66 landmarks before getting back on the 44 and the rain quit but started again as I got into the St-Louis area but the rain quit again by the time I pulled into the receiver. I completed delivery and then got an Uber to Pontoon Beach, IL where I got a hotel. Denny's was closed for maintenance so I ordered an Ultimate Pepperoni Pizza from Domino's for late evening rations. I spent the night in Pontoon Beach, IL.

Thursday it was warm and muggy. I got transport to the shipper and I did the usual routine: After I was told where the truck was, I loaded the truck with my gear, did the safety inspection and did the required paperwork. A fellow Bootwearer signed the Bill of Lading and I was good to go.

Trip: Edwardsville, IL to Kansas City, MO 257 paid miles
Make: 2015 International
Model: Bucket/Boom Truck
Transmission: Automatic
Route: Illinois 111 to Interstate 270 to Missouri 370 to Interstate 70 to Interstate 435 to US24
Maximum elevation: unknown
Highest diesel price USA: 2.999$ per gallon at Flying J Pontoon Beach, IL
Lowest diesel price USA: 2.859$ per gallon at Mr. Fuel Foristell, MO

I took on some fuel in Pontoon Beach, IL before crossing the Mississippi River. I proceeded west and stopped in Foristell, MO where I took on fuel and had midday rations. I also learned of and got locked into my next trip. There was traffic jam due to road construction and lane closure just east of Columbia, MO. I stopped in Higginsville, MO where I had evening rations at McDonald's. I ended up spending the night in Oak Grove, MO.

Friday I awoke to wet weather. I did stop at Petro and took a quick look at the exhibits at a Trucker Jamboree and saw the safety director of the company I contract with! The rain stopped and I headed to the receiver. There was some confusion as exactly where to go as that place is huge. I finally found the correct place and completed delivery. After conclusion of the trip I had to take Uber to the Rental Car Centre at MCI Kansas City International Airport as there were no cars available at local editions. I got the car and stopped by the company headquarters in North Kansas City to get some blank inspection sheets. Then I took some pictures of downtown North Kansas City before proceeding south. There was a closure and detour on my intended route and I ended up stopping to take some nighttime pictures of downtown Iola, KS. I ended up continuing and I spent the night in Independence, KS.

Joplin, Missouri sunset 11th June 2019

Villa Ridge, Missouri

Gray Summit, Missouri

St-Louis, Missouri

St-Louis, Missouri

St-Louis, Missouri

St-Louis, Missouri

St-Louis, Missouri
offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.