Flight No: CX660 BOM - HKG
Reg: B-LBB
Aircraft: Airbus A330-343
Departure Mumbai Terminal 2 Gate 76 : 01:05 IST
Arrival Hong Kong Terminal 1 : 09:54 HKT
Flight time: 5 hours 54 minutes
Distance: 4276 km or 2657 miles

Full trip video: Cathay Pacific B-LBB CX660 Mumbai - Hong Kong

Do watch the video and experience the flight.

Introduction

This trip report is return flight from Mumbai in July 2018.

Arriving at airport

I checked for the flight online. Yet decided to arrive at the airport 3 hrs before departure as it was peak traffic time in Mumbai even in late hours of the night.

Had a long detour on the way to airport managed to arrive 2.5 hrs early. Booked a Ola through the app which dropped me at the airport. Cost was approx Rs 400.

CX 663 arriving in Mumbai

Check-In

As I had check-in the flight earlier and being early, queue was short. Handed passport for inspection and scanned by the ground staff for details. Checked bag all the way to Sydney. Got the boarding pass for both flights. Headed off to the security and immigration

Check -In

Security and immigration

I was in no rush as it was busy night at airport, after completing security, headed to immigration. Immigration asked me about NSW and let me pass.

Meal time

I wasn't hungry anyway decided to have something before boarding.

Meal before boarding

After some window shopping in the food court, decided to settle for a masala dosa as I won't get the flavour in Sydney. Disappointed with the dish, it was hard and with the wooden cutlery , difficult to cut.

To departure gate

After the meal, headed to the gate taking time as I was early.

Flight Schedule

Checked the schedule.

Flight departing gate 76

Waiting Area

On reaching waiting area, it was empty. Charged my phone and camera while waiting. Flight crew arrived and waited to enter

Thai Airways International Boeing 747-400

Watched a TG pushback to Bangkok.

Boarding

After waiting for an hour or so, boarding was called. Had boarding pass checked and allowed to proceed to board. Business Class seating was 1-2-1

On getting closer to the aerobridge was directed to board from the business class door as a queue had formed on the bridge. Business class was almost full. Watch trip video.

Seated

On boarding the flight was directed to the aisle on the right as I had selected window seat in the rear of the aircraft. Economy class seating was 2-4-2.

Flight information

Upon placing my bag in the overhead locker and settled in the seat, activated the flight channel.

Window view

Checked the window, Jet Airways was parked next gate.

Cabin view

Flight was full in economy.

Cabin announcement

After doors were closed, safety demonstration video was shown on the seat IFE. Flight deck came on the mike, provided flight details , followed by the Flight incharge introducing and informing the flight service.

Flight information

Pusbkback, taxi and departure

Pushback commenced while safety video was shown. Taxi commenced to depart runway 27. A quick roll and takeoff without much wait, soon flying over the Arabian sea, watch trip video for departure

Flight path

After departing Mumbai airport,

Headed West for few minutes, before turning North-East to fly over North-Western suburbs.

Announcement

Cabin crew came on the mike and made announcement regarding drinks service. Breakfast would be served 2 hrs prior to landing in Hong Kong.

Flight path

Flight information

Cabin view

Cabin service commenced with drinks service. I chose orange juice

Cup Holder

Orange juice

Cabin view

Lights were switched off after collecting the cups.

Seat view

I slept for few hours.

Inflight entertainment

Being a red-eye flight, skipped the inflight entertainment.

Flight path

On waking, checked the flight map, Flight was over China.

Hong Kong immigration form

Crew distributed Hong Kong immigration form for those wishing to enter Hong Kong.

I wasn't staying in Hong Kong, left the address space blank.

I had a transit time of 11 hrs before flight to Sydney. I took a form to fill.

Flight path

Cabin Service

Being a late night flight, Breakfast was provided 2 hrs prior to arrival in Hong Kong. During the night, crew distributed orange juice and water.

Breakfast Packaging

Breakfast

Breakfast option was Veg or Non-Veg. I selected non-veg. it was minced lamb with roti, fruits and mango flavoured yogurt, which I didn't eat.

Flight path

Flight information

Window view

Flight deck came on the mike to make announcement, flight was running 15 mins behind schedule due to headwinds encountered after departure.

Transit passenger information

IFE displayed flight gates for connecting passengers

Inflight magazine - Discovery

Checked the inflight magazine.

Reading material - Inflight magazine and safety card

Cathay Pacific A330 Safety Card

Shopping magazine and headphones

Flight information

After passing near the coast of Hong Kong Island made a turn to line up to land.

Flight path

Approaching Hong Kong

After a smooth landing. Had a short taxi to gate in Midfield Concourse.

Arriving at gate

Disembarkation

Disembarkation was through the business class door

Business Class

Exiting through aerobridge

Cathay Pacific B-LBB Airbus A330-300

Long walk to immigration

After disembarkation, had a long walk to board the people mover to Terminal 1.

Walk and train to Immigration

Watch video to experience.

Immigration and Custom

After arriving at the terminal 1, headed to immigration. Long queue had formed, which moved quickly. Observed there were many passengers on my flight who were connecting to China or heading to Shenzhen. As few passengers ahead of me informed the immigration lady, they would be heading to Shenzhen, hence didn't write the address in the form.

When my turn came, she took the passport and form, scanned it and asked for the boarding pass. Stamped the passport was on my way out passing customs. As I was having nothing to declare. walked to exit.

Airport Express Counter

I had been to Hong Kong many years ago, knew where the where to buy the octopus card.

Counter to buy ticket

Ticket and Octopus card

Bought a return ticked to airport and topped for the Hong Kong MRT. I didn't travel on the MRT, instead took a ferry ride from Hong Kong Central to Tsim Sha Shui.

To catch Airport Express

A short walk from the counter is the airport express platform. Saw a train train, rushed to catch the train.

On board Train

Hong Kong Airport Express train ride

Watch and experience.

Disembarkation

Disembarked at the Hong Kong Central Terminal, first thing that hit me after exiting out of the building was the heat and humidity, it was the hottest day of the year,

Temperature had reached around 35 degrees by midday.

Headed towards the ferry terminal to catch the inter-island ferry.

Hope you enjoyed the trip, Thanks for reading.

End of trip

deovrat likes this.

Last edited by koresh; May 13, 2022 at 5:11 am Reason: Fix broken links
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Nice trip report, thank you for sharing. I hope you enjoyed Hong Kong!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:48 am

Great report! But you didn't dock at Midfield Concourse. It was just a faraway gate in T1.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:20 am

Business Class seats are very hard to secure on this route even now that there are 2 flights daily (I believe on most days). Seems the air services agreement between India and HK are max'ed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.