Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Inspirato - Montage Kapalua Bay (Oneloa Residence)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat

I just returned home from a wonderful week at Inspirato's "Oneloa" residence at the Montage Kapalua Bay resort. My wife and I traveled with our four boys (ages 2 through 8) and my mother. As we have come to expect from Inspirato, the accommodations and concierge service were outstanding. Additionally, the level of service at the Montage is the best we've received anywhere on Maui. We have vacationed at numerous resorts on the island, but the service at the Montage was second to none.

Residence: https://www.inspirato.com/destinatio...idences/oneloa

The residence was large and comfortable for all 7 of us. The lanai had lots of space and even had some views of the ocean (this is technically a garden-view residence). As always, Inspirato had a crib and high chair set up for our youngest, and our grocery order was stocked prior to our arrival.

The Montage Kapalua has one of the most beautiful resort pool areas on Maui. The upper level is the adults-only Serenity Pool, but the lower two levels connect to one another, and there are numerous coves and waterfalls. The food and drinks at the pool were excellent, and again, the service was attentive. Unlike some of Maui's mega resorts, we never had to track down a member of the wait staff. And each of the staff members greets the guests by name. It's clear that top notch service is a priority here.

Lastly, our nightly rate through Inspirato was about $300 less per night than what it would have been directly through the Montage website. Plus we enjoyed all the personalized Inspirato service we've become accustomed to.

Living Room

Dining Room

Powder Bath

Lanai and Grill

Sunset from the lanai

Resort Grounds and Pool Area

Resort Grounds

Resort Grounds
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:02 am

This is a fantastic property and glad to see it getting little attention here. We visit at least once per year. The first time we visited Montage had just taken over. The place never feels crowded, but our first visit I’d be shocked if there were 10 other guests on property. It was such a beautiful property and so bizarre no one was there. But it seems to have found its footing.

I’ve experimented booking a number of different ways. Originally we went direct through an owner we connected with on VRBO. I also explored booking with Inspirato during my trial membership. But the last couple trips I’ve found the best option is booking with Citi Prestige. Montage typically has a 4th night free promotion and you can combine with the Citi 4th night credit. Plus you can stack resort amenities with Citi. The amenity includes $60 per bedroom for breakfast (so you get $180/daily on a three-bedroom) plus spa credit. The other big kicker is gym/spa access. It’s free when booking through the property (not sure how Inspirato works, but it was an absurd daily fee to use the gym booking through an owner). Obviously if you can get it on a Jaunt through Inspirato, the cost is going to be dramatically less. But the hotel manages a few units that are well furnished with amazing views. So if you ever decide to head back it may be worth checking the Citi Prestige angle.
nddomer04 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mrfussion
This is a fantastic property and glad to see it getting little attention here. We visit at least once per year. The first time we visited Montage had just taken over. The place never feels crowded, but our first visit I’d be shocked if there were 10 other guests on property. It was such a beautiful property and so bizarre no one was there. But it seems to have found its footing.

I’ve experimented booking a number of different ways. Originally we went direct through an owner we connected with on VRBO. I also explored booking with Inspirato during my trial membership. But the last couple trips I’ve found the best option is booking with Citi Prestige. Montage typically has a 4th night free promotion and you can combine with the Citi 4th night credit. Plus you can stack resort amenities with Citi. The amenity includes $60 per bedroom for breakfast (so you get $180/daily on a three-bedroom) plus spa credit. The other big kicker is gym/spa access. It’s free when booking through the property (not sure how Inspirato works, but it was an absurd daily fee to use the gym booking through an owner). Obviously if you can get it on a Jaunt through Inspirato, the cost is going to be dramatically less. But the hotel manages a few units that are well furnished with amazing views. So if you ever decide to head back it may be worth checking the Citi Prestige angle.
Totally agree with all your sentiments regarding the Montage, and thanks for the Citi Prestige tip! Inspirato operates 4 units there, and gym access was complimentary. The rack rate through Inspirato was about $300 less per night than directly through the Montage. It's not uncommon for Jaunt52 rates to be around half of the Montage rates. But for us, rates are further down the line of reasons we love Inspirato. It's the service and certainty that comes with all of the properties they manage. My wife and I are ambassadors of Inspirato and have been on over 20 trips in our 4 years as members. Since we travel with our four young boys, Inspirato's service and professional management of each residence is the main reason we keep coming back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.