Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS Business Class - Dubai to Zürich

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:20 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by William Agius
Hi Den3aah

As I wrote, the flight was okay I guess and it's not their fault the flight is so short. But even so, I do feel that the overall level of service and professionalism of the crew are better on EK.
Not always - I have had a series of bad experiences on EK. During my last SFO-DXB flight (March '20) seating in business class - I asked for a second cup of tea after my dinner - and the flight attendant screamed at me - tell me now everything you might need for the rest of the flight because I do not want to come back to you. And there were 13 hrs remaining ahead of us. I was like: ... and of course I ignored her. But it so left me with a bitter taste. And it is not the only time I saw EK flight crew being unprofessional.EK used to have top notch professional crew 5-6+ years ago - last few years, the service - esp in their upper cattle business class on A380, has gone done the drain.

On average, my experiences on LX premium cabins have been much more positive - within what's to be expected by a European airline.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by HAF
Not always - I have had a series of bad experiences on EK. During my last SFO-DXB flight (March '20) seating in business class - I asked for a second cup of tea after my dinner - and the flight attendant screamed at me - tell me now everything you might need for the rest of the flight because I do not want to come back to you. And there were 13 hrs remaining ahead of us. I was like: ... and of course I ignored her. But it so left me with a bitter taste. And it is not the only time I saw EK flight crew being unprofessional.EK used to have top notch professional crew 5-6+ years ago - last few years, the service - esp in their upper cattle business class on A380, has gone done the drain.

On average, my experiences on LX premium cabins have been much more positive - within what's to be expected by a European airline.
I would agree on that. My friend is a EK stewardess and she says morale is extremely low at the moment. They cut about 35% of cabin crew and fired mostly based on sickness days than actual performance (so you got fired if you had days off due to giving birth or if you had a cancer treatment or broke your leg). Given that, a lots of the better ones left the firm unfortunately. That comes with a decent 20% pay cut (the new 'Covid Normal' as they call it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.