Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CGK to JFK JAL First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

CGK to JFK JAL First

This is the return flight from my vacation to Bali in Feb 2017, I'm not sure if JAL has any 1st cabins on intra-Asia flights anymore. To preface, I booked via Alaska this JAL 1st award in December of 2016 for 75K miles. I flew Garuda economy from DPS to CGK and spent one night in Jakarta. I didn't take a pic of the Garuda economy class, I felt like I could have been in any economy cabin anywhere in the world, there was nothing distinguishing about it to take photos or note from my view.

JAL has some amazing food and the service was excellent. Even with a bit of a language barrier the flight attendants were top-notch and very proactive. I didn't capture it but I ate so much food on this flight. I think I hit every light snack they had and they were all excellent, I highly recommend the Yakitori.

As with the last post, my photos were taken with my phone so apologies in advance for the blurry quality in some.

A shot from one of the stores inside of the domestic section of DPS

A quick snap of Garuda domestic business class, DPS to CGK. Again, I didn't take pics of the economy class, it wasn't too memorable.

Walking around Plaza Indonesia is unbelievably frustrating. I'd never been to Jakarta but had heard it's not a walkable city generally. I didn't realize how challenging it would be. What should be a 5 minute walk was 20 minutes. Perhaps I missed some pedestrian walkways but it certainly wasn't intuitive.

CGK didn't have much going on so I didn't take any photos. JAL uses a PP lounge which was pretty basic, just a lot of chairs and minimal offerings.

Seat 2 K - my seat in both legs CGK to NRT and NRT to JFK

Salon 2006, I really liked the Perrier Jouet BE 2007 on Korean Airlines so much more.

I'm trying to remember how many people were on the CGK to NRT leg in first but can't, I don't remember it being full.

Champagne #2

Beverage lists

Vegetarian curry, excellent comfort food.

Honestly, I have no clue what was what. I didn't enjoy everything on here, but it was all worth a try.

Early morning landing in Tokyo

Sorry for not taking more pics in the lounge. I landed early in the morning and arrived at the lounge entrance about a half hour before it opened maybe 7 or 7:30am. I only stayed in the first class section, the food offerings were great. I hit the beef curry first and after that didn't have room to eat anything else. The sushi looked amazing though, definitely a regret not getting any. It got pretty packed by the time I left for my JFK flight late morning.

I did a horrible job of getting pics. I meant to capture this plane because it carried a Kei Nishikori image on it.

Take off

The menus. I sort of regret not getting more Japanese items off of the menu, but everything on this flight was excellent.

I do not remember what this but definitely good.

Mullet Roe with Turnip I think.

Cauliflower and Lobster

Wagyu beef, very nice, but now I really wished I had gone for the Japanese set.

Pomelo dessert w/ gold leaf

On this leg, 7 of 8 seats were filled. The center seat next to me was the only open one. Without even asking the flight attendant insisted on making that one as my bed instead of using my seat.

I didn't think to take pics of the amenity kit, but it's what you see in other TRs, mine was the Loewe kit and the Shishedo pack. Again the service was excellent on both legs of JAL, very proactive and very friendly. In comparison to my KE experience, JAL flight attendants were more engaging.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:04 pm

Wow - food looks great. I'm booked on ANA First in a few months. Eager to see how it compares.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Fabulous! Glad you had a lovely and delicious flight!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Impressive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.