Wiki Posts
Search

Six Day War(mth) - Into The Israeli And Palestinian Sun On W6 And IZ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Thanks for the comment!

I heard about the high speed line yes - and saw the construction from the highway. This will come as extra line next to the current railway line between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem? Or will it be dismantled? I took that train once, that was quite a scenic ride on a historical line!
Well, the current line so-called Jerusalem-Tel Aviv is actually two separate lines: Jerusalem-Beit Shemesh and Beit-Shemesh-Tel Aviv. As such, the former will continue to be used.

And yes, the current railway is very scenic as well as very slow. This is because it follows the exact path of the Ottoman rail-line that ran from Jaffa to Jerusalem and that was built at the late 19th century.
Romanianflyer likes this.

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; Feb 4, 2018 at 9:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.