Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

British Airways Club World : The good, the bad and the ugly...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Club World : The good, the bad and the ugly...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by m3red
A nice report!

Evidence as to why BA club world is a last resort.
Sad that BA puts so little effort in its J product.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Sad that BA puts so little effort in its J product.
That should say "no" effort.

Club Europe is actually a sham!
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Does BA have any plans to update their J product? I mean, really, it has to be the worst business class product out there.

Has anybody (among those making comments such as the one above) actually had the "pleasure" of flying one of the several airlines still offering angled business class seats?? This year I had some not-so-pleasant experiences with AF (yes, still using that seat on some routes), EK (ah, some of those "wonderful" 777s), ME and a couple of others. Alright, BA's food is inedible and the attitude of some crews leaves a lot to be desired, but the worst business class out there? Definitely not.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by flying_pig

Has anybody (among those making comments such as the one above) actually had the "pleasure" of flying one of the several airlines still offering angled business class seats?? This year I had some not-so-pleasant experiences with AF (yes, still using that seat on some routes), EK (ah, some of those "wonderful" 777s), ME and a couple of others. Alright, BA's food is inedible and the attitude of some crews leaves a lot to be desired, but the worst business class out there? Definitely not.
No recliners on EK anymore but the 777 j seat is not market leading like qr
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite

Yep, a lot of flaws, yet far from the worst.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
BA SIN to LHR

Dear FT readers,

I’m sorry if it took so long to publish my inbound leg since I had my QR trip to Singapore for my GGL (out of 4 flights, 2 were just far from the world’s best Business class… trip to come).

Another reason is what happened in Houston. Since I have a property there…. Upon landing back to ARN, I left to DFW and drove to Texas City. My house was still standing but few holes on the roof…
Like Francis Underwood said in HOS, real estate is location..... location and location...

Anyway…

Back on the topic : BA Club World to LHR.

For the full review :
http://www.youtripreport.com/report/...ritish-airways

With my boarding pass already given in BKK, I made my way to the QF lounge.

What is surprising is the number of BA passengers in the QF lounge. I’m not sure about the other way around…
The bar is stunning, would you agree ?

The lounge is so huge with many seats that you can be sure to find one for you.

Since I did not eat on the CX leg (seat given to a reader), I was starving. Let’s look the restaurant:

The crème caramel was quite good:

Cold buffet:

A very good meat meal, melting is your mouth. Yummy:

After a good meal it was time for me to take a shower:

After the shower, I made my way to the BA lounge where I had a big argument with a French family (a couple with 4 teens flying to LHR then CDG in F and J). I was close to them. One of the girl was making jokes about the poor. Given my background I jumped on the conversation to express and more my disagreement (first time in my life I argue in the lounge). I despise that behavior especially when it’s expressed by someone born with a silver spoon in the mouth.

20 minutes before boarding I left to the gate:

Gorgeous, isn’t she ?

I was warmly welcomed by the purser! Welcome back Thomas.

My seat for the next 13 hours:

The good thing abt the 380 are the lockers on the right.

According to me the seat is not wide enough.

Great flight ahead?

The menu for tonight:

The prawns couscous salad was superb:

See I told you, not the kind of pic you often see abt BA..

The fish was fine:

Chocolate cake to top off my meal:

After that I made my bed for a long night. I requested 2 more pillows and another blanket. Why pillows are so thin…
I slept 9 hours. Damn It’s so good to rest.
Good morning the world!

I did not take my breakfast since I would get one in the CX FC lounge + lunch…

Bottom line :
After my flight, I was well rested, the crew was much better as well as the food.

It's of course not on par with the 5* Airlines.

Pick BA if you must but don't have high expectations.

Coming up soon the Club Europe service to Marseille with CX First Class Lounge. You can already check the report here:
http://www.youtripreport.com/report/...ritish-airways

Thanks for reading.

Thomas
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines

Well if there are any major airlines offering slanted J seats on transatlantic flights I'd like to know. The BA CW seat is just awful--cramped with no shoulder room and I get the pleasure of staring at the dude right next to me the whole time. The food is completely inedible. I wonder if Folsom Prison has better fare than that BA offers. The only bright spot was the flight attendants--they were very friendly and professional. Whether or not that is hit or miss on BA it sure is on AA (my usual airline of choice).

I saw the recent post in the BA forum regarding the upgrade to CW catering. That definitely looks like a step in the right direction. Let's just hope they get rid of those awful and antiquated seats (not to mention the circa '98 IFE) someday.

So yes, IMO, the worst transatlantic J out there.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
If you MUST - lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.