Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sorry About That...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
It was certainly a different experience reading an eightblack trip report as it was being posted. Wonderful report, kudos.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:50 pm

Man I've missed these. Hope you're able to pop around a bit more often ... you've been missed.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hold up for a second. Did eightblack actually just finish a trip report?! Hell may be about to freeze over

Anyway I may be in the Denver area next month, and if so, keep an eye on your PMs.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Wow. I'm fairly new to FT and never heard of the apparently infamous eightblack. But when I saw a trip report with 108 posts in 11 days, I had to check it out. I'm so glad that I did! That was amazing
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Thank you. I've enjoyed reading excerpts of it during our family dinners. Always a great read.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
"I thought the CX flight was just ok. Nothing special. I didn’t want to be rude when the polite staffer offered me a bottle of Krug although I did object a little bit when they served the champagne at the same temperature as the surface of the sun."
YES - even though I repeatedly ask for the champagne to be made colder I am amazed that they don't understand the importance of serving it COLD (although they are marginally better than american airlines that seem to think warm and flat is the best way to serve....but I digress)
So even after I ask for GASP ice to be put in the champagne they still don't make it colder for my subsequent glasses over the next while (really they have ice, a bucket, and water - sort of the basics for cooling the bottle)
Add my thanks for so much fun reading
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Low Roller
Wow. I'm fairly new to FT and never heard of the apparently infamous eightblack. But when I saw a trip report with 108 posts in 11 days, I had to check it out. I'm so glad that I did! That was amazing
I highly recommend reading his other reports. FNT-PNH (ie a long, long, way...) is a favorite.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
I highly recommend reading his other reports. FNT-PNH (ie a long, long, way...) is a favorite.
I've already started
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Thank you for the laughs ^
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Thank you. I've enjoyed reading excerpts of it during our family dinners. Always a great read.
I mis-read that at first, sonomawine - and had images of you reading out excerpts, like a bard in the great hall

(Not to say an eightblack post shouldn't be declaimed, though!)
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage, Aeroplan
EightBlack you MUST post more regularly!

I saw this report after such a long absence and I was all "Yeeskies! This is gonna be yeetastic boi!"

After reading this I must say this trip report is so tony!

(I must have a lie down now after using up my entire vocabulary of whatever that is)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:41 am

fantastic read! Thank you,Sir!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thank you, eightblack, for a most joyous read this morning. Yes, I've only just discovered your post by carelessly visiting the TR section of FT looking for something else. I prostrate myself before an outstanding story-teller [check spelling, yes, that's prostrate. Whew]. Now I really must get on with doing the small chores I was supposed to be doing.

Salutations, Sir.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
EPIC report! Thank you for telling the story. Trully enjoyed it.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
Fantastic work, eightblack. Thanks for the laughs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.