Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Japan Jaunt to Hakodate and Tokyo (ScootBiz, Vanilla Air, ANA Biz and SQ Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan Jaunt to Hakodate and Tokyo (ScootBiz, Vanilla Air, ANA Biz and SQ Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Socks, slippers and eyeshades were handed out.

Time to start the IFE. There are a couple of movies I would like to watch, starting with Beauty and the Beast.

Pretty cloudy down there.

My post takeoff beverage of Singapore Sling arrived.

Followed by the signature satay service.

A quick visit to the lavatory between the two Business cabins. As usual, well-stocked with amenities.

View of the forward cabin. It was rather full in Business this evening.

Sunset.

Dinner is served.

Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Sticking with the Japanese theme, I went for the Hanakoireki menu. First up was the beautifully presented floral-shaped cold bento set. This was new as previously the cold starter bento was presented in a square shape. However, I felt the portion sizes have been reduced for the starter bento set. Taste wise was ok.

After the starter bento was cleared, the warm bento set was served, same presentation as before along with miso soup and green tea. It was not bad, though I find the meal served on ANA was a bit better taste wise.

Dessert was the Azuki bean ice-cream with green tea sauce.

The pacing of the dinner service was just right, and next up was the cheese and fruits. I accepted the cheese selection and picked the sole melon from the fruit tray.

Last glimpse of the sun.

Another visit to the lavatory, the one at the front of the aircraft. This particular lavatory is smaller than normal and does not even have amenities cabinets, Amenities were instead placed on a holder.

Forward galley, which is more of a stowage area rather than for F&B preparations.

Flipped my seat over to form the bed. For some reasons, the duvets on the seats were of the old Business Class colours and not the newer ones used on the New Business Class seats. Interesting that SQ would overlook this.

Crew came to take orders for coffee/tea and I requested for an iced mocha. First time I tried this onboard. Pralines were also offered.

Last edited by ycp81; Jul 7, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Time for movie in bed! Started on the second movie, Logan.

A bottle of water was offered.

About 2 more hours to go after I finished with both movies. Channel-hopped through the IFE selection.

Towards the end of the flight, we requested for the 70th Anniversary SQ Teddies and the crew was nice enough to dig out a couple of sets for us!

All comfortable flights have to come to an end and soon the aircraft started descending into Changi.

Landing on Rwy02L right on schedule.

A short taxi to Terminal 3. Windows were fogged up due to the humidity outside.

Last look at my seat during disembarkation.

A very comfortable flight on SQ as usual, with the consistent SQ-formulated good and reliable service by the cabin crew. The expected high SQ standards were met, though not much difference from most other SQ Business Class flight experiences. Overall, it has always been a pleasure to fly with SQ Business Class.

Thanks for reading this long report!

Last edited by ycp81; Jul 7, 2017 at 11:13 am
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ycp81
Towards the end of the flight, we requested for the 70th Anniversary SQ Teddies and the crew was nice enough to dig out a couple of sets for us!

I like the bears! Another reason to try them but I guess at this time I would leave the plane without one.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.