Search

A Trip on Aeromexico’s Queen Of The Skies - The 777. SFO/MEX/EZE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Thanks for the report Eastbay1K.

A couple of questions if you happen to have any idea:

1. Do you know if there is any better place at MEX T2 to take a shower? Don't know if the Amex lounge has showers? I can also do some of my own research but didn't know if you have any other data points.

2. It sounds like you have done this route a few times. In your experience have the 777/787 assignments swapped, and if so how far out, or have they remained fairly fixed? I'm scheduled to fly this route on a 777 in November, which is both fairly far away and getting close to when AM claims the 777 will be retiring, so just wondering if I should hold out hope that a swap to a 787 is forthcoming or not.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bgriff
Thanks for the report Eastbay1K.

A couple of questions if you happen to have any idea:

1. Do you know if there is any better place at MEX T2 to take a shower? Don't know if the Amex lounge has showers? I can also do some of my own research but didn't know if you have any other data points.

2. It sounds like you have done this route a few times. In your experience have the 777/787 assignments swapped, and if so how far out, or have they remained fairly fixed? I'm scheduled to fly this route on a 777 in November, which is both fairly far away and getting close to when AM claims the 777 will be retiring, so just wondering if I should hold out hope that a swap to a 787 is forthcoming or not.
T2 Amex lounge is closed. The area is under construction, and I have no idea when it will reopen. The shower situation in the old Amex lounge was no better than the current AM lounge. I don't know if anyone else has a shower.

I have no idea on the airplane assignments. As they're down to 3 777s, they must be 100% (or close to) dedicated to the EZE route now. I didn't book this current trip too far out in advance.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:19 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
T2 Amex lounge is closed. The area is under construction, and I have no idea when it will reopen. The shower situation in the old Amex lounge was no better than the current AM lounge. I don't know if anyone else has a shower.

I have no idea on the airplane assignments. As they're down to 3 777s, they must be 100% (or close to) dedicated to the EZE route now. I didn't book this current trip too far out in advance.
Thanks for the response, wasn't sure if you'd had any experience with last-minute aircraft swaps on previous flights. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I thoroughly enjoyed your picture-free wordfest. Thank you
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
The Return Trip
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
As one who enjoys the written word, I like your reports just fine, Eastbay. ^ Many of the photo reports (though not all) only have a handful of pictures I find relevant anyway.

That said, your report pretty much validates everything I've heard about AM's premium class service over the past decade or two. As such, I think I'll continue to limit my AM experiences to short haul sectors where they do about as well as anyone else on a 1-2 hour domestic flight.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I have to admit I started using 'Clase Basura' phrase even to non-Spanish speaking colleagues. Most agree that taking quality of today's Y into consideration, 'basura' is an adequate word

Great report!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.