Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

No, I will not throw away a First Class ticket to London even if it is on American

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No, I will not throw away a First Class ticket to London even if it is on American

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Ah, my new best friend, the Paris-Brest returns. Nice report as always. I'm headed to BA first next . . . first time after 2 LX and 1 AF trip. I'll persevere.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
As always thanks for regaling us with your tales SFO777........even if it was on AA
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
AA have recently opened up Flagship First check-in to oneworld Emerald members which is a welcome enhancement.

The IFCL under refurbishment looks dreadful - as dreadful as the AC did back in January when I last visited that lounge complex. On my most recent trip in April I skipped the AA complex altogether and headed to the QF F lounge in TBIT.

The amenity kit is definitely a Flagship Business one as opposed to Flagship First (and the old stock at that). I got one on my LHR-JFK sector back in April. The catering setup looks really good (for AA), salt and pepper cellars excepted. The snacks in the galley are basically a waste of time, IMO, in F. The options for breakfast don’t seem very extensive. I’m surprised you didn’t freshen up in the AA Arrivals lounge at LHR - a great facility.

The HEx is indeed great, but overpriced. Booking in advance is much cheaper. Crossrail is set to shake things up from 2019, when it will open up many more direct routes from LHR throughout the city.

It’s pretty good that AF offer the La Premiere experience as best they can at LHR for connecting passengers, to complement their excellent CDG ground experience. The onboard 77W product looks stunning.

Thanks for a great report!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.