Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Qantas Premium Economy in the Queens of the Skies (Sydney to Hong Kong)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE

Good morning everyone,
I'm becoming increasingly sentimental now that the 747s days are numbered (although having said that, I expect Qantas will continue to fly them until 2020ish) and managed to get an award flight released on a recent trip to Hong Kong from Sydney. It was an ~8hr day flight so I figured I'd save the points and fly in PE instead of J, and I was actually keen to try PE again as I've had a lot of upgrade success and even though I've booked it a few times in recent years, I had been upgraded to J on every flight!

It was a refurbished 747-400 so it comes with the same hard product as that in the A380, which itself is a pretty good product.

Over-all, I was very happy with the flight. I've never had a dud crew in QF PE and this fight was no exception. I was impressed that I was referred to by name during the entire flight and the FAs were always around to help.
My only real criticism, which has been addressed in the new PE product in the 787-9, is that the IFE screen has to be stowed away for takeoff and landing, which is annoying as that's quite a bit of time to stare blankly at your hands.

My tips would be to NOT get the bulk head seat because while it looks like more leg room and you don't have to worry about the seat in front reclining, you find that the leg room is actually less because in the other seats you can stretch a long way under the seat in front. My other tip would be to fly on the A380 if you can as the PE cabin is upstairs and the window seats have a fairly good sized storage container next to them.

I'm happy to answer questions and here's my video review:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.