Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australia Cell Phone

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2004, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Australia Cell Phone

We'll be in Australia for 6 weeks, beginning mid April, and need to rent/borrow an international cell phone. Found CellphoneAbroad.com online and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them. All suggestions or guidance would be helpful. The use of an international cell phone is new to me. Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
You may want to consider buying a prepaid mobile in Australia, as (about 2 years ago) the cost was only A$100 and it included A$30 in talk time. It may be cheaper than renting. The phones are readily available at almost at tons of places (even 7-11) throughout the country. One note, the phone will be locked on network so you wont be able to use it outside of Oz.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
You should probably post (or moderators move this to) in the Travel Tchnology forum under FT Travel.....
Old Mar 23, 2004, 3:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
You should probably post (or moderators move this to) in the Travel Tchnology forum under FT Travel.....</font>
Your suggestion is my command!

Please follow the discussion in that forum where there will undoubtedly be folks better qualified to answer this.

Thanks
Sean (B747-437B)
Trip Reports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.