Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH F FRA-CAI: beautiful three and a half

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2003, 8:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Excellent report.

I really like the real bread that LH can serve warm, while others can't.

Imagine being the only F PAX on a FRA to DFW with 2 FAs and the purser hanging around....

If you keep flying full fare F, you may turn into another Merry.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 9:48 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:

The return flight was taken this morning 3:00 am to 5:55 am CAI-FRA. Plane was totally filled today. Also, I have nothing to report about because, as everyone else in F, I just slept the entire time. Only service experience was a capucchino 20 minutes before touchdown.

By the way, if you take a flight from CAI, make sure to be late. The F lounge is horrible (outdated furniture, small drink selection, no diet drinks besides water, bad-tasting cookies) and the shops dont look appealing as well. Last time I flew from CAI did not notice so much begging on the airport. But this time, many people tried to squeeze money out me (offering to help to put stuff on the security belt, guiding me to a shorter security line, or offering pens to fill the custom forms), and if you refuse their "services", they were very offensive.
</font>
Uli - great trip report.

I lived in CAI for many years and still go back there at least once a year. The beggers have always been there, however, I'm not surprised that there are more of them these days. Unemployment is at an all-time high, the tourism industry (which many Egyptians rely on for their livelihood) is literallly non-existant these days, and the recent devaluation of the local currency has made things very difficult there. I usually carry a handful of single dollar bills and hand them to whoever is truly helpful.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 9:30 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:

By the way, if you take a flight from CAI, make sure to be late. The F lounge is horrible (outdated furniture, small drink selection, no diet drinks besides water, bad-tasting cookies) and the shops dont look appealing as well. Last time I flew from CAI did not notice so much begging on the airport. But this time, many people tried to squeeze money out me (offering to help to put stuff on the security belt, guiding me to a shorter security line, or offering pens to fill the custom forms), and if you refuse their "services", they were very offensive.
</font>
Reminds me of THR airport...
Old Mar 8, 2003, 6:52 pm
Uli
Original Poster

2nd part here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003578.html
Old Mar 8, 2003, 8:19 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks for clarifying your thoughts on Aussie wine, Uli - and glad to see the discussion prompted you to try some on your FRA-HKG leg!

I would agree that the Hunter Valley is not the greatest red wine region (though they do make some decent Shiraz) - in fact I would say that it is not the greatest wine region in any sense. What has really made its fortune is its proximity to Sydney, which means lots of tourists and weekenders doing the wine trail.

As for wood, spiders and frogs in the wine - I can honestly say I never thought of that! You are right that many new world wine producers use machine harvesting extensively... I always assumed (perhaps naively) that they wouldn't use that method if it resulted in a lot of 'foreign bodies' in the wine. Who knows?
Old Mar 8, 2003, 8:24 pm
Uli
Original Poster

some do machine harvesting in germany as well.

anyway, no matter if the wine is from OZ or from any other country, I dont think machine harvested wines find their way into any first class

Old Mar 9, 2003, 4:05 am

Great report Uli thank you!!!
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As the self-declared winner of the flyertalk snob competition (only Gaucho can compete me) .

</font>
You should try swinging past the BA board sometime - snobbery elevated to an art form!
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:55 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Great second part Ullerich...
Old Mar 11, 2003, 1:59 pm

I was in Egypt in the 1950's and even then there were many beggers.

Thank you for the report.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 5:13 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
LH will not continue first class on many short routes to the middle east, because of low demand.</font>
For reasons unknown to anybody , I might well end up on a CAI-FRA-onwards roundtrip on LH in June. Will there still be F service at that time?

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:18 am
Uli
Original Poster

yes, on some flights there will be still F
Old Apr 15, 2003, 4:17 pm

Alles sehr gut, vielen dank.

------------------
PA747-May it rest in Peace

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.