Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM AMS>TPE c class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2003, 5:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
KLM AMS>TPE c class

KLM C Class NCL>AMS>TPE>AMS>NCL

Arrived early for my short hop over to Amsterdam to be told my flight was cancelled but the previous flight was delayed and they got me onto that. So from arriving at check in to being airborne only took 20 minutes. Again KL staff at Newcastle was as always very friendly and helpful.

Relaxed in the lounge in Amsterdam and took a shower before my flight to Taipei, which includes a stop in Bangkok for about 45 minutes.

Boarding was very good with C class passengers called first. The cabin was pretty empty with only a total of 8 passengers to Bangkok and only 4 travelling on to Taipei.

We were served by a really happy FA who was making her last flight before her baby was due to be born.

With such a low amount of passengers we were basically told that we could have what we wanted whenever it was suitable to ourselves, which I thought was nice.

I was not very happy to find a lot of red wine spilt all over my seat when I boarded and even less happy to find it dripping out of the in seat telephone onto my trousers once the aircraft was moving. Again the mum to be came to the rescue.

After our meal we watched a movie and then got our heads down to sleep. I was awoken by the guy behind us snoring so loudly that I thought I had a chain saw next to me. Despite the FA trying to wake him, this guy just kept on snoring. He had taken some sleeping tablets and he slept all the way to Bangkok. We retreated upstairs to avoid the noise.

A quick turn around in Bangkok and we were on our way again. Service was good at Bangkok and boarding was completed very quickly. As they were closing the doors in economy, somehow one of the emergency slides went off and we had to wait about half an hour whilst this was fixed.

In the air we were offered another good selection of food and drink was offered.

The BC passengers were quickly ushered off the plane in Taipei and from touch down to clearing baggage reclaim only took 20 minutes, which is a record for me.

A nice surprise on the return leg was that KLM now use terminal 2 at Taipei and EVA handles the flights. I am a big fan of EVA and was really glad to be able to use the lounge and take a shower. This was always a pain for me in the past and the reason I stopped using KLM over the last few years.

The lounge has good facilities and I decided to eat in there instead of taking the meals on the flight. I managed to sleep most of the flight to Bangkok.

Again we were off the plane very quickly and met by about 20 nurses in masks checking everyone for SARS. Glad I was off first as the flight was full and I would imagine being at the back would not been a lot of fun.

A very quick turn around and we were back in the air in no time at all.

I have noticed that KLM don't give out the hot towel whilst you are waiting to take off anymore and as Bangkok is always pretty steamy, this would have been nice.

A new crew and another good choice of food and drink was offered but I declined. I was invited to come into the galley at anytime if I needed anything and they would keep my meals available if I changed my mind.

About two hour out of Amsterdam they came round with breakfast, which for me was not that appealing, but I enjoyed all the fruit, they offered.

Right on time we pulled up at the gate but the forward entrance could not be used and despite the FA's best efforts to allow BC passengers to disembark first it was a free for all.

Overall great service from KLM all round and despite the current troubled climate a good trip made pleasant by staff who seem to genuinely enjoy you giving them your business.

Old Apr 8, 2003, 3:38 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Is there a shower available in any of the KLM lounges in AMS? I have not noticed one in all these years.

BTW, this is my maiden posting

spc354

------------------
Old Apr 8, 2003, 8:54 pm

KLM Crowne Lounges have showers. These are open to KLM/NW Asia Plat Elites and NW Plat Elites with a worldclub membership.

Other than that there or the free showers on the second level between the communications center and business class lounge or the Mercure hotel (12.50 euros.)
Old Apr 9, 2003, 3:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
They are in the KLM crown lounges or if yu dont have PE card you can use the ones in the Mecure airside hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.