BA Concorde service update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Concorde service update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2003, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
...And what do you do with all those subscriptions? You donate them to airline lounges!</font>
Or donate to a fellow FTr!

Old Mar 24, 2003, 7:26 am

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
Just got off Concorde yesterday and the CAVIAR is still there! We got a nice jar of it with the little spoon and toasts.

They also still handed out the certificates to first timers.

I'll be sad to see this product go away but our flight only had about 40 people on it and I can't imagine they were all full fare!
Old Mar 24, 2003, 7:36 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by olafman:
Just got off Concorde yesterday and the CAVIAR is still there! We got a nice jar of it with the little spoon and toasts.

I'll be sad to see this product go away but our flight only had about 40 people on it and I can't imagine they were all full fare!
</font>

Yes - we had Caviar on Friday. Yum.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree, besides the writing kit I don't see any differences. There never were any F amenities anyway and the Wine Cellar always had the same size selection.

It's still an experience any FF should have had at least once.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:45 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
ScottC, your 6000th post is next!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 7:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by olafman:

</font>
I was on the concorde on sunday as well. Flew JFK-LHR, NO caviar--flight certs handed out. our flight was quite full, I'd guess around 70-75 people, most of which did not look like full fare...

Maybe they only serve caviar for breakfast westbound and not eastbound anymore?
Old Mar 29, 2003, 5:17 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Related question... what is the consensus on taking the Concorde eastbound or westbound, which seems to be the better flight? (independent of arrival times). Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 2:02 am

Probably against the consensus, I prefer eastbound. Maybe because I'm going home but I also find the lounge more welcoming at JFK. It tends to be less crowded and edgy. I think the timing has a lot to do with it though - do you want to chase the sun, or rocket into darkness? Despite some reports to the contrary, I find the (albeit tiny) view exhilarating.

I would like one day to do the BGI &gt; LHR trip - the idea of going straight to Mach 2.0 without the initial delay sounds great.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Oh.. but I thought the LHR-JFK was the better leg...?
Old Apr 4, 2003, 5:56 am

Just my opinion! I'm aware it's not the majority vote, and if I was doing it just the once I suppose the "get there before you leave" effect would win me over. It's just the way I seem to feel about the few journey's I have done. Those "return" portions seem to be lighter as well.

The arrive before you leave effect can be obtained on the Eurostar for much cheaper anyway!
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onedog:
Concorde still has that aura of exclusivity and luxury, but it appears that if you really want to savor a luxurious BA product, you fly F.</font>
How about AF Concorde for food, caviar, wine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.