Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A quick question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2003, 6:59 am
Original Poster

A quick question

What exactly is a "Mileage Run"? Is it when you fly around to different airports aimlessly just to earn FF miles?
Old Mar 7, 2003, 7:11 am

Thanks for posting the trip report, fromYYZ_flyer. Sorry to hear you were stranded so long when UA went Chapter 7. Glad to hear you made it home OK.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 7:39 am
Original Poster

What? My post never said anything like that. Read it and answer it.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:01 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Good morning YYZ_Flyer -

I believe Industrial Patent simply misposted his reply - no worries, it happens to all of us at some point or another...lol

In answer to your question regarding "mileage runs" - they are a way for people to earn miles quickly in order to achieve or maintain their current frequent flyer status with a carrier.

Perhaps at times it is "aimless" travel, however, some of the runs are planned destinations that a person may want to visit.

Some of the runs are usually long trips such as (for example) SFO-SIN, these are trips where huge amounts of miles are accrued due to the distances.

Any the who, I hope this has helped you and answered your question.

Be well & Blessings all around,

------------------
Patrick A. Inouye, CMT
volunteer trip reports moderator
Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:55 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
An example of a "mileage run":

SYD-ADL in J on a direct flight costs me $A642 and gets me 1250 QF FF points and 30 status credits (the minimum applied per sector).

SYD-CBR-MEL-ADL in J costs me $A649, gets me 3750 QF FF points (minimum 1250 per sector) and 90 status credits (30 per sector).

So doing SYD-CBR-MEL-ADL is considered a "mileage run".

Dave
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:11 pm

pallensf,

Actually, I was being scarcastic since fromYYZ_flyer posted this in Trip Reports as opposed to Mileage Run .
Old Mar 8, 2003, 12:17 am

Indeed, I am moving this post to the Mileage Run forum where undoubtedly it will receive an overwhelming response.

Thanks,
Sean (B747-437B)

Trip Reports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.