Search

GIGster Ryan754 How was Rio?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2002, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
GIGster Ryan754 How was Rio?

Ryan,

How was the Rio Run? Give us a taste. Maybe you're tired today from the lack of sleep

John

Ah, se ela soubesse
que quando ela passa
O mundo sorrindo
se enche de graça
E fica mais lindo
por causa do amor
Old May 9, 2002, 4:00 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Oh... That music's a classic !!! No matter what !!!
Old May 10, 2002, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
RIO... Well.. I just got back as I stopped over in MIA for two days, and stayed over in Miami Beach... Rio was interesting. I made a friend on the MIA-GIG flight, we hooked up, and rented an apartment, my friend was Brazilian/American, and spoke Portuguese so I got very lucky. Well we got a room at an apartment behind the Cocacabana Palace. And we hooked with a local who took us to where some "Action" is. Well I discovered that 30 REAIS goes a long way, my friend spent 90, I was tired so 30 was fine. We went through more thatn 20 600ml bottles of SKOL. Later on we got a ride to our place.. Well the next day, we met some young ladies at the beach, and hooked up with them that night at a mall in Botafago. Girls out there really like Americans, and I cannot emphasize this enough. So they gave us a ride back, and we changed and met them at a club. Where more girls flocked to us stunning young Americans who can speak Portuguese. Well we ended up I guess being in charge of paying for all the drinks, yet we didn't know this... So some of the chicks left, as we did not want to leave with them. at about 5:45 AM we are ready to leave, when some big security guys ask us forabout 400 Reais. Uh Oh.. We had about 100, and so they take us to our place, and we did not want to pay, so we took a little bit of shoving around, and they ended up taking our phones, cd players, clothes, shoes, etc. We are soo tired that we go to sleep And what would you know but knocking of the thug who gave us a ride home the first night demanding money... So more stuff was taken. At this, we snuck out of the aparment before more damage was done, and went to the Sheraton. We were basically stuck there as we had no money or ATM cards Over the period of two nights, we racked up about 1200 Reais there! We drink a lot, and Cervejas are like 7 Reais compared to 1 at the stores. ETC ETC ETC. Last day there my friend went to the consulate and after eight hours was able to draw some money from his US bank account. He stayed another night, and then went off to San Paulo to meet lost lost family, I have yet to hear how that went. My friend has a lot of money, and so does his family, so I am going back to Rio in June to visit, when all has settled. The trip was allright, but I did not get to do as much, as no cash means no fun..But the women over there are awesome, they all wanted to marry me! IF it could only have been like that in Miami! How was SIN SoCaL? I may try to do more details later or a trip report... I spent all night partying in South Beach, and only used my hotel as a shower, and took a 7am flight to SFO, and had to pay $150 for the stopover!
Old May 10, 2002, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Although its not really UA related... I'd add two things - Latin america bar tabs seem to definitely be handled in different manner (as I've experienced) and a seatmate on a flight in December was warning me about women in Lima (I wasn't going there) getting "hot" for american guys and next thing they know, they have been drugged and the hotel room contents "se fueron". - My new motto for Brasil will be "Caipirinhas with Caution". Glad you made it back safe.
Old May 10, 2002, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ryan754:
Well the next day, we met some young ladies at the beach, and hooked up with them that night at a mall in Botafago. Girls out there really like Americans, and I cannot emphasize this enough ... they all wanted to marry me!</font>
... but first they wanted to get to know you and have a few drinks right? So you had a good time? And the moral of this story is "take more money next time?"
Well and least you safe if not sound. I think I'm glad I decided to SIN elsewhere.
John

------------------
Have a kiasu good time!
Old May 10, 2002, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Yes, Yes, it ia all about that American dollar, which in a way makes it all fun. I am glad that they really don't want to marry me, as I probably would have about ten of them flying home with me. "Hi mom, I'm home, I would like you to meet...."
Old May 10, 2002, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Short and tan and young and lovely
the boy from Antioch goes walking
and when he passes
each one he passes goes ahhh
When he walks he's like a $amba
that swings so cool and sways so gently
that when he passes
each one he passes
goes ahhh

From "The Life of Ryan"
Old May 10, 2002, 11:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Maybe the Moderator can move this to Trip Reports. Or maybe those interested can take it off-line via email.
Old May 11, 2002, 7:44 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Agreed, this is not UA specific material. If anyone has additional comments, please post this in Trip Reports.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.