Search

US Shuttle LGA-BOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2001, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
US Shuttle LGA-BOS

I had a ticket for the 8pm Shuttle last week. Wanting to get to BOS earlier, I left Manhattan at 3 and got to LGA before 4:00. Airport was empty.

As I did have luggage, I couldn't use the e-check in machine. I wanted to change my flight anyway.

So I went to the Shuttle counter. Agent looks at my ticket and says, "Earliest we can put you on stand-by is for the 7pm."

"Are all the flights full?"

"No, but you have a special restricted fare."

"Are the rules waived for Gold Preffered?"

"No."

"How much would it be to cahnge my ticket for an earlier flight?

"Let's see. $100 change fee plus another $178."

"Let me think about it>"

I go to the regualr US counter and try to check in there. But the agent sends me back to Shuttle.

(Mind you I live on the west coast and haven't flown Shuttle in years, so am not savy on all the rules).

So I go back to the e-check in machine, get my BP, and take my bag through security. The bag would never have fit on a UA sizer, but it fir here at the US terminal. I go over to the club, in which I have a life membership, and ask the consierge if I can get on the 6pm.

"Well, you can get on the 5." I wanted time in the club. She asked if I had already asked to switch flights when I checked in originally. I told her I got my BP from the machine, and therefore could not ask.

She printed out a new card for the 6pm and I was on my way.

Did some shopping at the Brooks Brothers in the terminal. Great airport store!

When I asked gate agents to check my bag, they gave me trouble saying, "We don't do that here. Next time, do it at the check in counter."

Happy holiday to you to!

Flight was wonderful, with fanstastic F/A's

Take care, all.

ZRS
Old Dec 11, 2001, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

glad to hear you had a pleasent flight. The rigamorole with US seems too typical these days...morale is very low at the airline right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.