Wiki Posts
Search

Nice? You bet it was!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2001, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Nice? You bet it was!

Just got back from HSV-ATL-CDG-NCE-CDG-CVG-HSV. Great trip. See the full report.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WOW! That has to be one of the most detailed, well written reports I have ever read! I loved the links to the various subjects! THANKS!
Old Dec 9, 2001, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Gee, now that's what I call a great trip report. One thing, what hotel did you stay at in Nice? Too bad your trip wasn't a month earlier, we would have loved to have you at the PIP II
Old Dec 9, 2001, 4:55 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
Wow! That is a good trip report!! I like the links throughout the story.

About the french keyboard, here's how it works with WindowsXP. In your regional and language options (in control panel), there is a tab called "Languages" click that then Details button. There is a button called "Key Settings" which is where you can set a command to switch keyboard layout. For instance, if you set ctrl-w to switch to French layout, everytime you hit ctrl-w your keyboard layout will switch.

Hope that helps! Thanks for the detailed trip report. I am just starting to travel internationally and like these reviews from a normal point of view (not a travel magazine).

[This message has been edited by stef315 (edited 12-09-2001).] for typos

[This message has been edited by stef315 (edited 12-09-2001).]
Old Dec 9, 2001, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Outstanding report - so much more than verbatium menu transcripts (although I like those too)

I'm curious if the client you visited was in the Sophia Antipolis complex?

Also if you made it to Grasse?

Thanks again!
Old Dec 11, 2001, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Thanks to all for the kind words. To close the loop:
  • The hotel was the Grand Mercure Country Club. My room was about 107 euro/night, and for that price it was a great deal. Accor has two other nearby properties, Hotel Relais and the Hotel Mercure.
  • Unfortunately, I'm don't think I'm making the keyboard switch; it's doing it by itself. I have this problem with Office XP on two different machines, one running W2K and one running XP.
  • Yes, the client was in Sophia-Antipolis. For those who haven't heard of it before, it's sort of like the French equivalent of Huntsville's Research Park or the Research Triangle Park area in North Carolina. I didn't make it to Grasse, alas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.