Search

Meeting FTers on my trip SEA-ORD-CDG-AMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2001, 5:29 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Meeting FTers on my trip SEA-ORD-CDG-AMS

Wonderful trip because I got to meet some of the great people on this board whom I've only known via virtually.

Started out flying F from SEA-ORD and met Kremkin (Craig) from MEL. We both continued on to CDG but he was in C and I was in Y ( ENTIRE row to myself!) so I didn't see him again. Then, Paris - the most awesome, wonderful, delightful, incredible city (can you tell I like the place?! I met Blairvanhorn. Talk about a person as great as the city. We had a glass of wine, sat at a cafe, and talked. Absolutely enjoyable!

Now I'm in AMS and met Tom911 tonight. He has shown me around the city, we had dinner at an Indian restaurant, and saw the show Chicago Boom!

It's been a very enjoyable time meeting people from this board who, until now, I've only known from posts. It's really added to my already incredible and wonderful trip!

[This message has been edited by ldsant (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old Oct 27, 2001, 5:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Boom Chicago is a pretty funny improv-type show, which has both me and Liz laughing in the aisles. Of course, she used her influence to get us front row seats (fortunately for me, the person next to me was picked to go up on the stage, and be king for the night, and notme.

Just now getting a sprinkling of rain just before 0200, but otherwise the weather has been pretty nice all day. We're both at the Easy Everything inernet cafe place.

I started out with Dutch apple pancakes at a cafe, hit the Rijksmuseum for a few hours (saw Rembrandt's "Nightwatch" and Van Gogh's "Self Portrait", among others), and then caught up with Liz in late afternoon. She has been a thoroughly enjoyable travel companion

Hope to spend some time in Haarlem and out on the coast on Sunday if the weather holds.
Old Oct 27, 2001, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tom911:
I started out with Dutch apple pancakes at a cafe, hit the Rijksmuseum for a few hours...</font>
Hours? I think geo1004 and I should start a Speed Museum Touring service!

I hope you didn't follow the route where you had to backtrack through 12 rooms like we did.
Old Oct 27, 2001, 6:33 pm

I made a lot of twists and turns trying to find things, but I don't think I had to go back to 12 different rooms (maybe 2-3 here or there).

The Indian restaurant we went to tonight was right down from the Heineken Brewery. Didn't you make a stop here too?
Old Oct 28, 2001, 11:05 pm

Did make it to the Heineken Brewery, just 10 mins from my hotel, for a tour at 4pm Sunday (last tour is 5pm). Enjoyed my free beers (you get coupons for 3), and souvenir glass. It costs 11 guilders, about $4.50. They're very much into high tech in this tour, offering the opportunity to e-mail postcards or video clips, and they have chairs with audio/video built in (looks like something an astronaut would sit in). They also have horses on-site here that they use for a 2 hour loop about the city everyday with a wagon. I've seen them out and about on a number of visits here.

Old Oct 30, 2001, 5:42 am
geo1004

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tom911:
Did make it to the Heineken Brewery...

...and they have chairs with audio/video built in (looks like something an astronaut would sit in).
</font>

OOOOOh, those are fun after a few Heinekens!

Old Oct 30, 2001, 1:36 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Just thought I would let you know I am currently in the home of blairvanhorn. Wonderful! Red wine, great discussion, and just a lovely time. This trip of mine has been enhanced greatly because of blair and tom911. If any of you get the fortunate opportunity to meet these gentlemen I strongly suggest you do so. How wonderful to know that such lovely people exist from this board. This is a very public notice of saying "thank you" to these gentlemen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.