Aeroflot 559 BKK-SIN in F class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot 559 BKK-SIN in F class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2001, 4:31 pm

Originally posted by HKG_Flyer1:
I obtained the model number by looking at the inflight safety card. I wonder if its possible that they "borrowed" those cards from another newer model and figured no one would care since the seat layout is roughly the same? Just a thought.
HKG_Flyer1 -- I'd be surprised if that was the case, as the seat layout is quite different between the newer IL-96 and older Russian-made widebody IL-86 (you can see for yourself here, IL-96 has an emergency exit between F and C, while IL-86 has it between C and Y).
Old Apr 18, 2001, 1:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
You flew on an IL96. While this aircraft has been around for only 10 years, it is just an updated IL86. It has new wings and more powerful engines that burn less fuel. This gives the aircraft long range. It was built to replace the IL62 on their long haul routes. By the time it got into service, Aeroflot had already leased A310's and 767's. The interior is similar to all Russian built aircraft. I understand the Russian engines do not have a very long life and several IL96's are always sitting in SVO or DME, waiting for new engines.

The west coast of the US is currently served by leased 777's. However, the service is still Aeroflot.
Old Apr 18, 2001, 6:47 am
MOC

Excellent report - I was chuckling away at your amusing report until I bolted upright - - smoking allowed on board???!!! Sign me up for their frequent flyer program! Here I was thinking only Air France still allowed this indulgence in our politically correct times.
Old Apr 18, 2001, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Now if they served Cuban cigars, I might go for that crazy option...they should still be able to get a good supply, despite the changes in politics.

Maybe I should look into Cuba Air?
Old Apr 18, 2001, 12:28 pm

The mighty Aerosplat! I had the chance to fly on them back in the late 80s and they weren't all that bad. Question though, do they still service the entire cabin with only one glass on the drink trolley or do they actually hand out individual glasses now?
Old Apr 22, 2001, 10:49 am

Was interested in the Aeroflot info. Am thinking about a flight on them to Moscow, but wondered what they are actually like (and it wouldn't be from the US, so no 777) Might go with AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.