Reload this Page >

A350 out of Gatwick in Business Class! CX344 LGW-HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 out of Gatwick in Business Class! CX344 LGW-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:18 am

I also got a small mousse dessert in a glass yesterday flying in from MEL. They also had a cake option of offer as well. I don't think a smaller size would necessarily mean cheaper cost. Bite-sized delicious food can still cost a fortune!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
When BA follows Cathay into the Gatwick South Terminal, the BA lounge will be an option, possibly instead of the No. 1 lounge. For now, even BA is using the No. 1 Lounge in the North Terminal.

Oh and having sat in 20A on the same aircraft, I didn't find that the galley disturbed me, although I was on a much shorter flight (HKG-BKK).
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Great report and certainly an eye-opener for those familiar with BA Club World.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:52 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Excellent report and photos.
Looking forward to flying soon on one of them.
I may be wrong, but the J cabin overall color looks a bit lighter than the current beige color on the 777s.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Cymro
When BA follows Cathay into the Gatwick South Terminal, the BA lounge will be an option, possibly instead of the No. 1 lounge. For now, even BA is using the No. 1 Lounge in the North Terminal.

Oh and having sat in 20A on the same aircraft, I didn't find that the galley disturbed me, although I was on a much shorter flight (HKG-BKK).
Have you been to the BA lounge in Gatwick? Do you think they are of any good? The BA lounges I've been to in LHR are only so so and not much of an upgrade from the No.1
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro

Thanks for the info. Will definitely try out the mini cabin and report back next time I fly the A350!

Incidentally, I think the first few rows of the main cabin would be quite a pain to be in, since the FWD toilets are located very close to those seats and without any sort of partition. Much worse than having the galley close by IMO.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nwmgc
Great report and certainly an eye-opener for those familiar with BA Club World.
Thanks for the comments. CX has always been a cut above BA in terms of hard and soft product. BA F is more or less a tuned up version of CX's J
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsfrSE
Excellent report and photos.
Looking forward to flying soon on one of them.
I may be wrong, but the J cabin overall color looks a bit lighter than the current beige color on the 777s.
I don't think so. The beige from the A350 looks darker than the old seat.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Nice report, looks like you had a good flight. I was booked on an A350 BKK-HKG was was subbed to a 777

RE: gates not being annouced, when was the last time you had a gate change at a UK airport? It bascially hardly ever happens, as gates are not announced early. I have lost count the number of times i've had gate changes in other countries, then people don't realise, or don't hear the change call, then miss or are late for flights. There is a LOT less confusion if you annouce when the plane is READY!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shefgab
Nice report, looks like you had a good flight. I was booked on an A350 BKK-HKG was was subbed to a 777

RE: gates not being annouced, when was the last time you had a gate change at a UK airport? It bascially hardly ever happens, as gates are not announced early. I have lost count the number of times i've had gate changes in other countries, then people don't realise, or don't hear the change call, then miss or are late for flights. There is a LOT less confusion if you annouce when the plane is READY!
Tough luck mate! CX is notorious for equipment changes!

I get your point, but my plane has been at the bay for 6 hours. Plus, I think there's some sort of security concern behind not announcing the gate in advance in UK airports, but I forgot what it was exactly.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
I get your point, but my plane has been at the bay for 6 hours. Plus, I think there's some sort of security concern behind not announcing the gate in advance in UK airports, but I forgot what it was exactly.
Parked at a gate for 6 hours? I guess LGW wasn't busy that day, normally they're towed off to wait, freeing up the gates.

Often if an airline is using a particular gate for all their flights, then good staff might advise pax of that at check in. But again, imagine the howls of annoyance if that gate is then changed after the the agent has told the passenger, and they walked off to the wrong end of the terminal! Even agents in the BA First lounge at LHR will let pax know the planned gate if you ask them (long before it comes on the monitors) but always with the proviso that they should check the monitors.

I doubt security is a factor....keeping pax in the main terminal shopping area is though!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:22 pm

I used to go to Gatwick as a kid in the mid 1960s. Frightening how this airport grew since then.

Most airlines then were Charters. British Eagle, Dan Air and British United.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:45 pm

I've travelled on the regional business class but really want to fly on the long haul product so thanks for sharing it!!
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I've travelled on the regional business class but really want to fly on the long haul product so thanks for sharing it!!
You must - it's a completely different experience! Regional J is more like PEY with added legroom.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
great pics - thanks for pulling together the report!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.