Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-JFK-LAX American First Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2000, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

LAX-JFK-LAX American First Class

For spring break I decided to take my wife and two girls to NYC. I had the pleasure of flying AA in first which has SIGNIFICANTLY improved since my last trip.
LAX-JFK AA 40 Departed LAX at 10AM and arrived at JFK at 6:05PM. The Admirals club at LAX is really quite nice. We arrived there for a cup of coffee and then we boarded the 767-200. There were 14 seats in premium class. The seats were the new blue seats with individual reading lights. Immediately after boarding we were offered a choice of OJ or Domaine Chandon champane. What suprised me was that immediately after take-off the F/A offered each First Class passenger their own DVD player with ALL 25 movies that were in the AA Attraction magazine . These DVD players came with noise reduction headphones. Great addition to the entertainment options on this transcontinental flight.
Lunch menu included the following:
NUTS
SALAD WITH SALMON, MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN,FRESH MOZARELLA SALAD
Choice of
Orange Chiptole Shrimp
Spinach Quiche
Texas Shave Sandwich
Greek Salad
Choice of
Ice Cream Sundae
Tiramisu
Really a great flight as the DVD kept my entire family busy for the 4 and one half hour flight.

JFK-LAX AA 21 Depart 6:00P arrive 9:05P
Flight very similar to outbound BUT this was a dinner flight. I am happy to report that AA has put back CAVIAR service. It was great! Along with salad with lobster tails and roasted vegetable salad, and a choice of Chateaubriand, Chicken, Pasta Shells, or Chicken Caesar Salad, a terrific dinner was presented. I must comoplement AA in their dinner service. IMHO, far better than United First or Delta Business Elite. Once again the DVD players were handed out. Quite a bumpy flight but arrived on time. Until next time....
Old Apr 15, 2000, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad you enjoyed the flight. 'course, this is their flagship service traditionally the highest quality "special" domestic F. I've taken UA and AA on these routes and they are both superior to other domestic F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.