Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-CLE-LAS-CLE-YYZ for Labour day weekend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 1999, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

YYZ-CLE-LAS-CLE-YYZ for Labour day weekend

1st Report!

Got to the Toronto Airport at 8:00 for 10:00am flight. Requested FC upgrade with coupon but FC was FULL. Asked to be put on standby. We went to the gate and on the way we passed "Continental VIP Lounge". I asked at the gate if that was the same as the "President's Club". The agent took my ticket jacket and wrote down a pass number for the entry. Did not even ask for any ID. It was a self-serve lounge, small but nice.

YYZ-CLE on 30 seat Prop plane.
Plane had a bad smell. Then we were told that the washroom was out of order. While taxing down for takeoff, the customer service panel in row 1 fell out. Waited while the pilot talked to control tower and decided what to do. After 15 minutes, the passengers in row 1 and 2 move to the back of the plane(and the smell). After we took off the pilot opened the bar for a free drink (at 10:30 in the morning). Smooth flight.

CLE-LAS
Because of delay we arrived at ticket counter only 30 mins before our flight. Toronto had NOT put us on standby. Three people ahead of us for upgrade. (1 elite and 2 coupons) BUT 6 no-show at that time. Agent says "looks good". At 10 mins before flight we got the FC upgrade.

When we were at the end of the runway waiting for clearance the pilot shut down one engine. Then told us there was a 20 min "hold". Later he told us that a F-14 has an emergancy (electrical fire) and must land. Delayed 1/2 hour. They must have been some kind of air show because one of the other threads says they were delayed on Sunday for a air show.

Lunch just fair, soup and sandwich (chicken and melded cheese). Good brownie and caramal desert. Fresh make chocolate chip cookie near the end of the flight MMMMMMUUUMMMM GOOD. Smooth flight except for about 10 mins.

Las Vegas:
Pickup up by limo from hotel. Stay 4 nights at the Venetain. SUPER (suite) ROOM. GREAT FOOD, very large portions, did not finish one meal. Won some money. GREAT stay.

LAS-CLE
Arrived at airport at 7:30 for 9:30 flight. Asked for upgrade, 1 seat available, had it assigned to my wife. Standby for me. 1/2 hour before flight, 3 elites have asked for upgrade and are now ahead of me. But lucky me, the re-configured plane had 12 FC instead of 10 and 2 no-shows so I got upgraded also. Same lunch, soup and sandwich (shrimp and melded cheese). Good flight.

CLE-YYZ
Normal smooth flight, 5 mins late. Sailed thought Canadian Custom.

[This message has been edited by CanadianFlyer (edited 09-08-1999).]

[This message has been edited by CanadianFlyer (edited 09-08-1999).]

[This message has been edited by CanadianFlyer (edited 09-11-1999).]
Old Sep 11, 1999, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

No replies in 3 days. Is the report THAT BAD??
Old Sep 11, 1999, 1:28 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Great report! In fact, it's a fabulous, awesome, tremendous report!

Maybe no replies cuz everyone's jealous (including me) - no one else goes to Las Vegas and wins.
Old Sep 11, 1999, 7:00 pm
Commander Catcop

Canadian Flyer... Please don't feel insulted that no one replied... we all have been very busy with work and life and things but I would give that report FOUR PAWS UP!!.

Especially the part about winning in Vegas. And for the record I too have won and have won big in one of my favorite cities (just ask my bruddar MileCrazy and about my secret weapon!

Maybe we are lucky because you are Canadian and I am an honorary Canadian citizen so we are lucky than soem Yanks.

Looking forward to seeing you in about a week for dinner at the NORTH of THE BORDER Get Together!
Old Sep 11, 1999, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

I too am looking forward to meeting some of you in Toronto.

Going back to Vegas in 4 weeks on the return leg of a trip to San Jose CA for a wedding.
Old Sep 12, 1999, 9:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Old Sep 13, 1999, 4:37 pm

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
The delay for the F-14 was due to a BIRD flying into an engine!
The other delay was due to smoke in the cockpit of another aircraft at that same time!

(I also was on a "ground-stop" that day, enroute to Providence, RI)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.