Search

Hotel Report - Tucson East Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 1999, 9:53 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
Hotel Report - Tucson East Hilton

I just returned from the great state of Arizona and would have to highly recommend the Hilton located at 7600 E. Broadway in Tucson. The HHonors rooms were very comfortable and the people were very friendly and the service was excellent. If the Hilton at Mainz is as nice I will be veeery happy.
Old Jul 9, 1999, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
those who have stayed here before will be pleased to hear that this property has recently added an exercise room (they used to have none at all, but had worked out an agreement with a club a few miles away). it's not a fabulous health club, but it's much better than driving to work out and then having to go back to the hotel to change.

i can confirm that this is a nice non-resort hotel in tucson. it's often overlooked because of its location, but it's quite convenient if you're there on business and very close to several major shopping areas.

there's no real lounge or concierge level per se, but they do put out a modest breakfast every morning on the top level hhonors floor.

i've stayed there four or five times and have always been pleased, although rates in-season are not the best value, compared to some of the other nearby properties.
Old Jul 11, 1999, 9:16 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
It is nice to see some kind words about Arizona, my home for the last 33 years.

Any FlyerTalkers who find their way to the Tucson area, and are interested in getting off the beaten path are invited to contact me.
Old Jul 11, 1999, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Better yet, Westin's La Paloma. What a great treat to stay at that resort. Native landscaping, gorgeous golf and pool...
Old Jul 12, 1999, 10:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I stayed at the Sheraton Tucson Suites last October and was very impressed. This hotel (non-resort, but all suites) was recently done over and they did a nice job. The Ranchers Club (if I remember the name correctly) is attached and does wonderful steaks.
Old Jul 12, 1999, 12:31 pm
BIM

Anyone staying at the Tucson Hilton (or other local properties), be sure to check out the Pima Air Museum!

[This message has been edited by BIM (edited 07-12-1999).]
Old Jul 12, 1999, 12:36 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Old Gold- I lived on River Road for 4 years back when I had a Faculty appointment (but basically a glorified fellowship) at the U of A Med School! This was back when the Anheiser Busch kid (heir) crashed his car at dead mans curve, down the road from me! I was also ther for the Great flood! Miss most the season tickets to McKale Center to see the Wildcats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.