Community
Wiki Posts
Search

America West - PHX/LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 1999, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

America West - PHX/LAS

Recently I was flying from Pheonix to Las Vegas on America West. Even before we took off I had a bad taste for America West.

Myself and another person boarded the plane and sat in our first class seats (both CO platinum members). After a few minutes the flight attendant came up and asked my companion to stop knocking the seat in front of him. He tried to explain he was 6'8 and the person had the seat reclined. (if you have been on AW you will know the first class seats still do not have a lot of leg room). The flight attendant shrugged and walked away. Next thing we know is the gate agent is asking my companion to get off the plane. The reason - the FA did not think he could take orders if there was an emergency in the air and didn't want to take the chance. That is what he told me.

I promise this was the case and nothing more transpired. Anyone else have poor service on AW?

Thanks,
Pfeif
Old Jul 11, 1999, 9:06 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I am a CO Platinum and fly HP 30-40 flights a year, and have received generally good service.

It sounds like your companion's problem could have been solved by exchanging seats. What kind of aircraft was it and was he actually kicked off the plane? If so maybe he should communicate with chauming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.