Lisbon to Nice on Portugalia Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 1999, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Lisbon to Nice on Portugalia Airlines

I found this airline on the web and gave it a try. It was excellent! I took NI 931 from LIS to NCE. Everything from the ticket desk to check-in to the Lounge was first rate. PGA's business lounge in Lisbon is as nice as most airlines 1st class lounge.

PGA is one of only two airlines that I know of that has separate bus's for Business Class passengers. LAN Chile is the other. I've always wished other airlines that use buses on the tarmac would treat business class passengers separately. Lufthansa especially since FRA never has jetways for my flights.
Old Apr 22, 1999, 8:06 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
In my (admittedly limited) experience on Thai, business class always had a separate bus (for both departure and arrival)...In fact, while the coach bus looked like a crowded and hot city bus, the business class bus was smaller (like a rental car shuttle) and air conditioned...
Old Apr 22, 1999, 9:01 am

Stimpy: I am glad you have found the delights of PGA. I assume you are aware that they have an alliance agreement with BA, so you can claim BA Exec Club miles on PGA flights.

They also have an excellent FF scheme of their own, with fewer than 10,000 members.

There is speculation about their parent company, Grupo Espirito Santo, extending the agreement with BA to make them a BA franchise airline, under the OneWorld umbrella.

They currently have about a dozen Embraer and Fokker aircraft, but are planning to expand with a capital injection from new share-holders (guess who?).

Nick
Old Apr 22, 1999, 6:48 pm
Original Member

this is encouraging because they participate in EuropeByAir ($90/coupon on about 10 obscure airlines, min. 3 coupons).
Old Apr 23, 1999, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes Merry, I asked for miles on my BA card. But since I'm a U.S. member I doubt I'll get it. A lot of airlines offer BA members mileage. I flew Singapore and Malaysian last year and although they accepted my card, the U.S. Executive Club wouldn't give me the miles. That was a hell of a lot of miles I flew with no credit.

My complaints of false advertising fell on deaf ears.

I flew the Embraer which was fine. They block out the aisle seats in business class to give you more room. But it would be nicer if it was an A320 or B737 so I hope that BA strengthens their relationship with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.