Live: DUB-HEL-HKG Finnair rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live: DUB-HEL-HKG Finnair rt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The HKG route on Finnair is indeed all cantoneese staff, all the time.

It sounds like there was some issue preparing the outbound (to few water bottles loaded, no menus), becuase there are supposed to be both those things. Sadly, the HKG flight has the "midnight menu" concept, which means inferior meal service.

Originally Posted by MickV
Had the audacity to put pomegranate in the g&t's. Once I got that fixed it was fine. The only thing is it was poured and mixed in the galley. I like to know how much I've had but no real issue and to be fair to the FA he poured a couple of decent g&t's that would put hair on your chest like barbed wire!...
IME they usually mix it in front of you, but no worries, I can tell you the proportions! The drink glasses holds 18 cl, and they usully tips the full 6cl gin in and after ice and lemon there is just barely room for another 6 cl tonic.

Originally Posted by MickV
Lounge in HEL by the exit for gate 36. Arrived here at around 5.45am and had to wait for it to open at 6am. I am sure the HKG flight is probably one of the first few in but I did think it should have been opened. At 6am on the dot it opened and I was directed to the premium end. ...
Indeed, AY70 from HKG is the first one in. Scheduled to arrive 0600 but is usually is a bit early. But I agree, they could/should have just let people in a few minutes earlier on those days.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
A pure guess, but the g&t probably was made based on the award-winning Napue gin, hopefully together with Fevertree tonic. The gin is made by a distillery in Finland. If that was the case, most likely it wasn't pomegranate, but cranberries. According to the recipe, there should be rosemary as well, but I doubt they carry that on board.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by niksal
A pure guess, but the g&t probably was made based on the award-winning Napue gin, hopefully together with Fevertree tonic. The gin is made by a distillery in Finland. If that was the case, most likely it wasn't pomegranate, but cranberries. According to the recipe, there should be rosemary as well, but I doubt they carry that on board.
Fevertree yes. Cranberries no and no to rosemary as well.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:15 pm

What was your hotel? Maybe I missed it.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by Bretteee
What was your hotel? Maybe I missed it.
Langham TST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.