Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

From Snoopy Museum in Tokyo to Charlie Brown Cafe in Seoul to Copacabana in Brazil

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Snoopy Museum in Tokyo to Charlie Brown Cafe in Seoul to Copacabana in Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Coming Home...

Korean Air lounge at ICN Concourse area... disgusting bathrooms

Incheon Airport is usually one of my favorite airports - but it didn't quite click with me this time... especially the Korean Air lounge.

The only decent hot food they had available was a cup noddle...

While the lounge itself was fairly clean...
but their bathroom deserved out of

The lounge features a unisex bathroom which is perfectly fine, but I think it requires fairly regular cleaning, in my opinion, due to lack of urinals.... there was a persistent issue with (1) people not lifting the toilet seat when they pee and give their nice little splatter on the seat and (2) people who cannot aim.

The end product is a disgusting bathroom with pee everywhere...

Come on people - can you please have a bit of decency to aim a bit better?

Delta 747 from Seoul to Detroit

From my understanding, Delta is expecting to retire all of its 747s by 2017.. so we wanted to make sure to fly in the upper deck before these planes turn into a museum exhibition..

Compared to the China Eastern jet, everything is old, including the IFE screen - but there's something that's very comforting about this flight... (not to mention a better qualify headset )

We were just taking some selfies - but a fellow passenger and a flight attendant volunteered to take a photo of us...
Lesson learned: you can't quite fit two people in there...

Pushing back

Food - a bit better but still fairly meh...

Personally, in my opinion, on this route, the Korean selection (bibimbop) is much better than anything else they offer.. (which they advise you to order it in advance as they only have a limited number of Korean selection on a flight leaving from Korea...hmmmm)

I had palella - which for the first time in my life, that my cooking skills isn't that bad compared to what I was eating

Korean breakfast which was served 1.5 hrs prior to arrival.

My very very subjective food rating:
KE Y food = JL Y food => BX Y food > DL J food (PVG-NRT) > DL J food (ICN-DTW) >MU J food

Look familiar?

5 hour gap in Detroit

Due to Delta's married segment rule - the only flight we could book under 70,000 miles left us with a 5 hr window in our transfer. Rather than sitting in the airport and doing nothing, we decided to rent a mini-van (well that was the cheapest... and let's say we are practicing our future parenting...) and go for an adventure... First stop, the Henry Ford!

"Sorry miss - the idiot who changed your engine oil forgot to install the oil filter"

In case you are wondering, yes, that's the flying-ace snoopy that I am holding...

Then, we made a quick drive to Michigan Central Station... a popular spot for ruin photography enthusiasts.

... then back to DTW... uhoh the flight's boarding soon.

DTW - LGA, swanky new planes!

Not much to comment other than...well... let's say I felt like I was back in one of those bars that I used to visit during college

Back home... back to our cat. Meow.

tbc...

Last edited by samwise6222; Jun 30, 2016 at 7:13 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Now - our actual weekend trip - Brazil

Before we left for Brazil, we desperately tried to win a ticket to Hamilton by entering lottery every. single. day.

A view that's too familiar to all of New Yorkers who want to see Hamilton but don't want to spend $800 per ticket
Unfortunately, it was a no-go

to be continued...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I know unisex-bathrooms from a stay at the SAS-Lounge at Newark. It was equal....
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
I know unisex-bathrooms from a stay at the SAS-Lounge at Newark. It was equal....
Nothing wrong with unisex bathrooms! They just need to clean more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.