Search

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Breaking Through the Five Million Mile Threshold in Style

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Pleb Status: AA, BA, EK, EY, QR
Fantastic read, thank you!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
BRAVO!!! Thank you for another excellent report! Please don't ever stop, many of us enjoy your narrative more than you know.

Congrats on 5MM, that's quite an accomplishment and even more so in the varied and interesting way you've done it!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
I for one appreciate reading your reports and not just seeing a bunch of pictures
Out of curiosity, initially it sounded like you'd be going via IAH, and somehow ended up going via SFO?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I love you camera angles in your pics. I just might borrow a few.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
well written once again. I do enjoy your writing and the short visits to PDX.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:37 am

Congrats! Great report, thank you very much!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice report Mr 2A.

Good to see you back in a CX F cabin again. I've yet to fly EK but would like to try one day. The food looks to be a cut above CX but I have a real soft spot for CX crew in F.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Given the variety of things keeping me busy this time of year, the past five weeks have been spent putting in an hour here and a couple of hours there getting this report completed, so to have finally installed the last of about 120 pictures yesterday evening was a wonderful feeling. Thank you one and all for having taken the time to stop by and check out this report in part or in its entirety.

Originally Posted by stu1985
I appreciate the amount of time you must put in to your reports. I think you're being too modest describing your writing as "a reliable old Chevy" - the report has been put together with a lot of care and attention. The pictures are also great and complement the words.
It makes it that much more worth it when people do recognize the time and effort that go into a report of this scope. Thanks for your kind words, stu! They mean a lot.

Originally Posted by Beven12S
Nobody does trip reports better.
Thank you, Beven!

Originally Posted by mike&co
Are you forgetting about SFO 777 and Daniel W. In any event, a first class report brilliantly presented with excellent pics. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Predominantly written reports like mine are old school and perhaps even a tad passé for most people at Flyertalk these days, so for my reports to even be mentioned on the same page as luminaries such as SFO777 and Daniel W is quite the compliment indeed. Thank you! ^

Originally Posted by rudycantfail0
Brilliant trip report! Thanks for putting the time in. I enjoyed the whole thing!
Originally Posted by RTW4
Absolutely fantastic. It was as if I were on the plane as well....
Originally Posted by blather
Sweet, another Seat2A report!
Originally Posted by FTN1898
Fantastic read, thank you!
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I love you camera angles in your pics. I just might borrow a few.
Originally Posted by MadMoon
Congrats! Great report, thank you very much!
It's always nice to hear positive comments from an audience as well traveled as we have here at FlyerTalk. Thanks, gang!

Originally Posted by roadwarrior
Thank you for an awesome read. TR's like this are truly inspirational. And congratulations on reaching your Five Million Miles. Wow, some of us have a long way to go.
Thank you, roadwarrior. Regardless of how they've been inspired, I would love to read the reports from anyone who decides to fly a quick around the world trip in First Class aboard airlines of CX and EK's caliber! As for my 5 million miles flown, it's certainly been a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Congratulations to your achievement and my thanks to you for your contributions to the forum. It certainly is an inspiration. . .
Thanks, WT73 - all the more so coming from a fellow trip reporter of your caliber. Not being a regular visitor to the trip report forum, it appears I've missed the two reports referenced in your signature. I look forward to checking them out!

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
BRAVO!!! Thank you for another excellent report! Please don't ever stop, many of us enjoy your narrative more than you know.
To be honest I don't have that many of these lengthy reports left in me but it is so very nice to hear that my style of reporting is appreciated here. Thanks, NoLaGent!

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I for one appreciate reading your reports and not just seeing a bunch of pictures. Out of curiosity, initially it sounded like you'd be going via IAH, and somehow ended up going via SFO?
Music to my ears, Rob - Thank you! I would love to have flown into Houston but Alaska had no available seats in any class out of there to SEA/FAI until three days after I would have arrived. Thankfully I was able to call Alaska's partner desk and get the last leg switched over to SFO where same day connecting seats were available.

Originally Posted by opushomes
Well written once again. I do enjoy your writing and the short visits to PDX.
I will have three hours between trains at PDX in the first half of April. Perhaps we can get together then. PM me if you'll be in town and I'll send you the particulars.

Originally Posted by Moomba
Good to see you back in a CX F cabin again. I've yet to fly EK but would like to try one day. The food looks to be a cut above CX but I have a real soft spot for CX crew in F.
Thank you, Moomba! I hear you on those First Class cabin crew on CX. They are consistently excellent.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 29, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
I enjoyed that report massively and can only imagine the hours that went into writing the same !
Thank you kind sir for posting it
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club, CX MPC, Marriot Rewards, Priority Club
Another awesome trip report.
Thanks for the good read & great pics.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Thank you!

Thank you; simply excellent!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Another excellent, well described report. Thank you.

Congratulations on your Five Million Miles!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Every time I read one of your trip reports, Seat 2A, I develop an almost overwhelming urge to book a ticket on the next plane going *anywhere* that's Outside.

Thank you for taking us along on another great adventure.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Every time I read one of your trip reports, Seat 2A, I develop an almost overwhelming urge to book a ticket on the next plane going *anywhere* that's Outside.

Thank you for taking us along on another great adventure.
Same here.

Amazing report as always, thanks for the great read! ^
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta silver
Truly enjoyed your report
Thank you for taking the time to put pen to paper🖋

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.