Asiana A380 ICN-BKK Business Class – 13 Things I Hate About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana A380 ICN-BKK Business Class – 13 Things I Hate About You

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
I've had a few regionals on OZ J as well and I don't find them that amazing. IME The crew are typical Korean girl cold which I noticed someone else mentioned as well. Heck I experienced more professional service on domestic Chinese CZ or even MU F from enthusiastic and professional crews.

ICN is a fantastic airport to passthrough but I probably put OZ towards the very bottom of my list.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Yeah, I nixed the blog. It was making me too complainy and the articles took too long to write - I'm on 33 sectors flown since Jan 01, almost all in J (and all better than this flight!), and my list of to-writes was getting out of control.

I had a TG flight from PEK-BKK on exactly the same seat types recently which was an irritation, but maybe karma out to get me.

As others have pointed out, they may be identical to the Etihad ones I've booked, but I'll know in a week's time. I am expecting the Etihad food and drink to be up to par - even regular economy passengers I've shown the Asiana food to have been surprised how much little effort they were making up front with it.
Did you write a review on your VN flight?
Old May 24, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by quaxpilot
Just think one moment about the majority of people who will never fly something else than Y. Because they can't afford it or the company doesn't allow it. They would love to make once a flight like this which you had pissed off.

The more we get used to all these nice things which we enjoy, the more we take them for granted and the more our perspective moves into a wrong direction.
That's life! I too get "ho hum" about some first class too whereas long ago I would of thought an angled flat bed was the ultimate in luxury!
Old May 25, 2016, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Did you write a review on your VN flight?
No. The seats are Cirrus style reverse herringbone and are comfortable. Food is reasonable although not great, and service is very very friendly despite so/so English. Have done BKK/LHR via HAN and SGN and the lounge in HAN is strong but the one in SGN is poor. Killer feature: $1,800 J fares on a 787 from BKK to LHR.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:04 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
No. The seats are Cirrus style reverse herringbone and are comfortable. Food is reasonable although not great, and service is very very friendly despite so/so English. Have done BKK/LHR via HAN and SGN and the lounge in HAN is strong but the one in SGN is poor. Killer feature: $1,800 J fares on a 787 from BKK to LHR.
I'm on their a350 next week sin-cdg-sin for £1000 in J
Old May 25, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Man.... why don't you stay at home and not travel at all.

When you're mind is set on finding little things that go wrong you are sure to find them... just like you have seem to have done. Your "trip report" sounds like one big whine fest about the minor things.

Lots of us have flown Asiana and it's perfectly acceptable, but it sounds you are better of flying BA (or one of the US airlines) where they truly understand what a Brit needs in service (or maybe not...)
100% in agreement with you there. OP sounds like a child.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:21 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I flew OZ J a couple of days after reading this report. I am not going to join the chorus of people criticising the OP, sometimes flights suck in any class and little things just compound the suckiness.

I flew in a wedgie seat overnight so was not expecting much, my experience was the opposite to the OPs though. The crew was spectacular and the seat not a fair comparison. We had ssambap on our flight too but eating things wrapped in lettuce on an aeroplane seemed a little fussy to me. I should have had it because the western option was so incomparably vile that I complained about it on the feedback form at the end of the flight. For specifics, it was just crazy laden with sugar, I actually caught diabetes just looking at it.

My friend was in economy on the same flight and said the food was brilliant.

If OP is looking for some parallels between OZ and QR then I could not help but notice that both OZ and QR have Barry Manilow's Dream Duets in their music catalogues.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:37 pm

I've had those three-point belts on Asian carriers before, no big deal. Just put on the shoulder strap for take off and landing and you're good. I certainly wouldn't be offended by it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.