Wiki Posts
Search

Winter trip to Norway and Iceland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by DanielW
Wonderful photo's, MD/DC Flyer, some great captures of such beautiful and mesmorising landscape.

I really love the abstractness, as well the patterns, colours and textures in this stuff, great stuff. Just a small question though. What kind of scale is it? i.e. it is a large mountain side, or a close-up of inside of a glacier etc.?

Daniel,

This particular picture is inside an ice cave. For a sense of scale one person can fit between the top and the bottom of the picture. This particular ice cave was a continuous S shaped with only one person fit in the cave at any given time at most places.

This particular picture is of the roof of the cave which I would estimate would be about 10 meters high.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Truly wonderful pictures. You have reaffirmed that Iceland and Norway need to be high on my bucket list of places to travel.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: EB
Great pics from my home-turf in Lofoten
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Your pictures are incredible! I went to Iceland last summer, and your description of KEF and the challenges of getting into Reykjavik are right on. The two major bus operators (Gray Line and Flybus) are reasonably priced and comfortable, but figuring out how and where to get your bus at the airport is a challenge. And you do end up standing outside in a long line hoping there's enough space for you on the next bus. But it's certainly a very cool place to add to your travel resume.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
As a fellow photographer, fantastic photos! Iceland is a beautiful country but ungodly expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.