Private Jet- Houston Hobby to Ft. Worth Airport - Free Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.

This past weekend I happened to see a deal with JetSmarter offering $1000 credit for signing up to the app with a specific promo code(now expired). Downloaded the app and put in the promo code and it showed I had the credit on my account. I saw a flight that I was interested in and tried to book it but it redirected me to buy the membership which is $12,000 a year. While I’m not 100% certain of the all the membership perks, it does seem that once you join you are able to get any flight under the deals section included. There’s only a quota on the limited number of seats per flight, but if you’re a member it’s free. Once the quota is reached you’ll have to pay for your seat.

I tried to book the flight with my credit everything was showing 0 until I hit purchase and it redirected me. I decided to call in and get more information whether I could use my credit. The representative told me yes I could but it was double the price shown on the app as a nonmember. The flight I wanted between Houston Hobby and Ft. Worth was $144 (member price) my cost was $288 but of course the credit covered the cost of that so essentially I got the flight for free! I honestly didn't think that I would be able to use the credit but the representative was very nice got everything set up. Sent me an invoice stating the flight was free because of the credit. Don't know if I just lucky or if they'll change the rules and not let nonmembers use the the credits. Hopefully I can take another flight(s) with my remaining credit!

The Flight
On this flight there was me + a friend and 2 of his friends. Total of 4 people. We were scheduled for a 12:30 PM Departure out of Houston Hobby Airport. We arrived at the Jet Lynx Hanger FBO at around 11:30Am. We were welcomed in and offered complimentary drinks and some snacks while we waited. The plane arrived a little late at around 12:30PM and one passenger deplaned and an Escalade whisked her away promptly. The plane refueled and we were set to go at around 1PM.

The pilots came into the terminal building to get our bags (we didnt have much) and loaded them on. We finally boarded and a quick safety demonstration was given by the pilot. They were very professional and courteous. There were no Flight Attendants on this flight. After we were all settled in we were on our way to Forth Worth Mecham Airport. The flight was smooth and took around 45 minutes. There were no doors to the cockpit so you could see out the front window which was pretty neat. Was an awesome experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat if I could.

Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Cool pictures! In my limited private jet experiences, looking out the cockpit windows was my favorite part. How was it flying out of a major airport like that? The few times I have had the chance, it was always out of and into smaller regional airports to avoid air traffic.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:40 am

JetSmarter is great and definitely worth it in my opinion. I've referred so many people I am know an ambassador (my referrals get a 3K flight credit if anyone is interested).
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by busy
JetSmarter is great and definitely worth it in my opinion. I've referred so many people I am know an ambassador (my referrals get a 3K flight credit if anyone is interested).
The 12k is probably out of my range, but if you're flying out of Dallas and have extra free seats I'd be more than happy to fly with you :-)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I just recently signed up with a $500 credit. Hopefully I did it right... Just input the code under the invite/promo code section at sign up.

Regardless, how long did it take you to find a flight that cheap? I have flight privileges on Delta so I'm just trying to find one under $500 (or 250 for 2 people) somewhere on the east coast area.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Wow, you make me feel like a real insider: for once in my whole Flyer Talk life, here's an "exotic" trip that I've actually made myself.

For me, the best part about private flying has nothing to do with the plane; rather, it's the no-wasted-time experience on the ground both leaving and arriving. Being able to fly in and out of a non-commercial terminal like Meacham with zero traffic, vehicular or aeronautical, makes it all even better.

I can't mention the kind of plane I flew on, unfortunately, for obvious reasons -- Meacham is something like its own small town -- but it was really, really nice. Still, the ground experience was what blew my mind.

Your report brought back great memories and made me smile. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I loved flying private back when I had the opportunity. The ability to just show up, hop on a plane and take off was awesome. I've flown basically the gamut of Learjets and Challengers a couple times.

Probably the most memorable experience was when my grandpa picked me up from high school on a Friday and instead of going home, we went to the private terminal at the airport and were off for a golf weekend in the Bahamas. In hindsight, I should have realized something was up when he asked me for my passport info earlier in the week but didn't know any better at the time. He had a convincing enough excuse.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:00 am

Looks amazing-thanks for sharing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.