Reload this Page >

Seriously can someone stop me buying these things? RTW in F OneWorld

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seriously can someone stop me buying these things? RTW in F OneWorld

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:20 am

My condolences to you and your family at this very difficult time...
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Reading your fantastic trip report then stopped in my tracks by that para about your father. Terrible news, so sorry for your loss.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
A nice sections of flights, luckily all in F. I struggled to keep up with where you were and needed to keep checking back.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, all the best going forward.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:19 pm

Thank you for the wonderful photos. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for the wonderful photos.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
In the Jewish tradition, let me "wish you long life"

Sad to hear about your Dad's passing, I remember him well from your TR, picking you up and delivering you to MEL.

When we live in another country, we are faced with those hideous flights to where our parents lived after a death, and yes those moments on an airplane when we lose it, as we reflect.

I remember having an arugment with immigration after my Dads passing, as I did not have a return ticket, but while I have never held a passport from my birth country, I am entitled to citizenship by virtue of birth, finally she decided to let me enter....
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:29 am

Condolences to you and your family Moomba and thank you for sharing this report.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by adampenrith
In the Jewish tradition, let me "wish you long life"

Sad to hear about your Dad's passing, I remember him well from your TR, picking you up and delivering you to MEL.

When we live in another country, we are faced with those hideous flights to where our parents lived after a death, and yes those moments on an airplane when we lose it, as we reflect.

I remember having an arugment with immigration after my Dads passing, as I did not have a return ticket, but while I have never held a passport from my birth country, I am entitled to citizenship by virtue of birth, finally she decided to let me enter....

A sincere thank you for everyone's kind words and condolences.

Adam it had been a niggling thought in my mind for a few years now that bad news would arrive when I am living so far away from home. What I never expected was that I wouldn't be at my current abode when the news came. It was a pretty awful day in Dubai trying to decide whether to go straight to Australia or return to London first. Thank you for your post Adam.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
My Dad I was expecting, my Mum more of a surprise. She passed on a Thursday afternoon, when i was flying to stay for a week on the Sunday morning. Oddly enough she had had a Dr visit that afternoon - as her Dr said to me, if I knew she was going to pass i would have stayed with her. My brother went out after the dr visit for no more than 2 hours, came home, and she had gone.

Emirates were awesome, I had the cheapest of deals which I never thought they would honor, 20 minutes on the phone to their call centre - and I had a ticket for the next flight - no change fees, not extra costs nothing, all I had to do was produce a death certificate before my return flight.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:28 pm

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
thanks for the TR and my sincere condolences on your loss. stay strong.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adampenrith
My Dad I was expecting, my Mum more of a surprise. She passed on a Thursday afternoon, when i was flying to stay for a week on the Sunday morning. Oddly enough she had had a Dr visit that afternoon - as her Dr said to me, if I knew she was going to pass i would have stayed with her. My brother went out after the dr visit for no more than 2 hours, came home, and she had gone.

Emirates were awesome, I had the cheapest of deals which I never thought they would honor, 20 minutes on the phone to their call centre - and I had a ticket for the next flight - no change fees, not extra costs nothing, all I had to do was produce a death certificate before my return flight.
Wow that was pretty decent of Emirates.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mromalley
I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Originally Posted by injian
thanks for the TR and my sincere condolences on your loss. stay strong.
Thank you both for you kind words.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:30 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Moomba, but thank you for the wonderful trip report. It looks like quite the adventure.

On each of my relatively few stays at the Sheraton Miyako I have not bothered to try the breakfast offerings and so it was the case this time.
I don't think you're missing out. In my experience, the breakfast wasn't worth the premium over the Jonathan's across from the Shirokanedai station.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I am sorry for your loss Moomba. Your TR is fantastic and sets the bar for many of us to reach for when writing our own. Thank you for sharing.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
What an amazing trip report. Thank you so much for your time putting this together. You're a great reporter!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.