Wiki Posts
Search

"Ugh I guess I'll Go" -Houston Trip 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Cool "Ugh I guess I'll Go" -Houston Trip 2015

Hello Everyone!
My Name is Morgan G and i'm new to this fabulous Site of yours and i'm exited to write this Report and Future reports for you all!
I'm apart of a similar site that is specifically for Disney related things..and I've been a part of that site for YEARS...and don't get me wrong..even tho I am head over heals in love with all things Disney..I was craving a site where I could do trip reports of other places I've been to since I love to travel :-)

Let Me start off By Saying a little about myself first!
Well like I said..My name is Morgan...I am 22 year old, married, and have a 4 year old Son!
I was born in Dallas but raised till I was about 10 years old in a small town within side Greeville Michigan! I then moved to where I live now..in the deepest south of Texas...McAllen..or also known as "The Valley"!
I have also lived in Colorado Springs...back and forth from here in TX to CO a few times since my parents moved there while I was pregnant back in 2011...

This Trip report is going to be a trip I took with my Husband and Best friend to Houston for a weekend! As you can tell b y the Caption of this Report...I was a little Iffy on going along for the trip. I didnt feel comfortable going all that ways away without My Son...I just had an uneasy feeling about leaving him alone...For those of you who are mothers reading..you know how I feel...There is a lot of crazy things going on in the world and leaving my Son behind make me very edgy! :-(

Well now that I've blabbered on and on..Lets get started with this Trip report!
***On a side note...Since I am new to the site..i'm not familiar with how to upload pictures correctly since I am uploading them from My laptop and in a thread I was reading about how to upload them there wasn't very much in detail on how to do it THAT way...***

This Was the First night we arrived there in Houston..We were accompanied by my husbands Cousin who was providing us with a place to stay the weekend at HER best friends house. We later met up with my husbands Step cousin Jayare and His Cousins Boyfriend later when we arrived. This is a picture we all took at a night club we went to!

This Picture is of our second Day in Houston. We woke up at about 11:00 A.M. and decided to get ready and go Eat some Lunch then head out to meet someplace with friends and discuss what the plans would be for that day..

With MUCH Discussion and Arguing back and forth our group decided to go separate ways. One portion of the group wanted to stay at the restaurant we met at to have a few more drinks while Me, My Husband, and My Best friend all wanted to go site see...since we had never been to Houston before!
My Husband's Step cousin Jayare decided he wanted to be our tour guide and we went to a few places to enjoy the scenery and after we saw all the beauty we decided to stop at the Zoo...Just because :-P

I absolutely Love and adore this Group picture we took at the end of our day/Trip!
We didn't get to do a lot of things due to us being on budget but we had a great time together :-)
Even tho I was still nervous threw the trip about my Son..With many advice from Family members I was able to settle down and try to enjoy it all as best as I could :-)

I Hope you guys all enjoyed my very FIRST Trip report! Thank you all in advance for reading along :-)
Feel free to comment below to give me your fed back...Tips are very much appreciated since I've mentioned many times i'm new to this site haha and even if YOU have ever been to Houston...what was your best memory and favorite part? Maybe We will end up going again and I could have ideas on where to venture into next ;-)
Hope to see you guys reply and chat to my Report! I will definitely be posting up a new one in the next couple days!
Have an awesome Day and safe Travels!
Attached Images           
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:24 pm

Such a fun and nice TR Morgan. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the great pix and your nice experience with us. Best wishes
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:17 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hello Morgan,

Welcome to FT and thanks for posting.

Since you ask for feedback -

I would be curious to hear more about your travel logistics as well as where you stayed, how you traveled, etc. Majority (not all) of the TR in this forum provide feedback on various methods of travel / specific travel classes, hotels, restaurants, attractions, sights, etc.

Happy to hear your party all had a good time. However since I (and I would guess all who read) do not know your family / friends, hearing that you all had a good time is nice does not provide much in the way of value to a reader (same with your pictures just showing the people....like going through a family album of people you do not know, does not provide much).
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FT Morgan. Thanks for this report!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL17
Such a fun and nice TR Morgan. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the great pix and your nice experience with us. Best wishes
Thank you very much! :-D
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Hello Morgan,

Welcome to FT and thanks for posting.

Since you ask for feedback -

I would be curious to hear more about your travel logistics as well as where you stayed, how you traveled, etc. Majority (not all) of the TR in this forum provide feedback on various methods of travel / specific travel classes, hotels, restaurants, attractions, sights, etc.

Happy to hear your party all had a good time. However since I (and I would guess all who read) do not know your family / friends, hearing that you all had a good time is nice does not provide much in the way of value to a reader (same with your pictures just showing the people....like going through a family album of people you do not know, does not provide much).

Thank you very much for Giving me the Helpful tips! Since it IS My first trip report..I guess its going to be choppy the first round haha But I understand fully what you mean and will apply it to all my New Reports in the future!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Welcome to FT Morgan. Thanks for this report!
Thank you for the Welcoming! :-D
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by MorganG616956
Thank you very much for Giving me the Helpful tips! Since it IS My first trip report..I guess its going to be choppy the first round haha But I understand fully what you mean and will apply it to all my New Reports in the future!
Could you also resize your pictures to make them more forum friendly? And get rid of the multi coloured text?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:29 pm

Nice report. I moved to Houston this past summer and really enjoy it. TONS of places to eat if you're into that. It has the second largest theater district outside of NYC, most greenery of any major metropolitan city, and I believe the most ethnically diverse city in the US as well.

Lots to do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.