Reload this Page >

First time in BA Club World - the HNL trip where my baggage goes AWOL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in BA Club World - the HNL trip where my baggage goes AWOL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
Great trip report. Thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks for taking the time to take the photos and posting the report.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors, Bonvoy, Accor
Good TR headingwest, what a long haul! Pity about the babybus...at least you got 210 TP's.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:31 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Great report. What a shame about your BA2 experience. Sadly my experience of BA's Club World cabins is there is a proportion of fellow passengers who seem to forget that they aren't on a private jet, nor that someone else has a card the same colour as theirs, and that there is a general expectation of basic courtesy on public transport.

If I were you, I'd have made as much noise as possible with my meal.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:39 pm

Good TR - much enjoyed.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I can definitely empathise with you about being forgotten about on the BA2 flight. I was once ignored until almost time to get the cabin ready into LHR and finally I got the attention of the crew to ask for breakfast, sounding so annoyed they held back criticising me for being late ordering it, and got a few of the cold/solid items. I was extremely annoyed because the lost time can't be given back.

Thanks for the interesting report.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Is LHR now worse than FCO with respect to checked luggage??
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thanks for sharing with us your TR so sorry to hear though about the lost luggage, must have been a nightmare for 11 days with very little to choose in the way of clothes. At least though the case was returned, albeit at the end of the trip. Went to HNL in 1980, can well imagine it has changed considerably since then, would love to go back, so someday it must be on the hit list.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:59 pm

My friend and I saw you in the HNL lounge and on the babybus and suspected you were also on a TPR! I've PM'd you details!!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all your kind comments everybody

I hope you have a great time in Hawaii stu1985, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Originally Posted by happeemonkee
Shame about your missing bag and the experience on the Babybus. Have you complained to BA (about both)?
I have sent off a complaint to AA (who issued the ticket), to try and get them to reimburse the cost of clothes/shoes that I had to buy.

The purser on BA2 actually filed a report while I was on board the flight as he knew I was annoyed. Today I got a reply from Customer Services in Bratislava apologising for my 'mishandled baby stroller'! Sometimes I wonder how they manage to organise flights across the world!

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
very sad to read about your JFK-LCY service----I will not make any excuses for what happened but would suggest that like me,you are not really into sleeper services
Yes, I'd have to agree, the sleeper service is not my cup of tea! I think the real issue, however, was that I felt ignored for a good hour while the crew were attending to 'the regulars'. Perhaps my CIV score didn't do me any favours.

Originally Posted by andset1191
What a shame about your BA2 experience. Sadly my experience of BA's Club World cabins is there is a proportion of fellow passengers who seem to forget that they aren't on a private jet, nor that someone else has a card the same colour as theirs, and that there is a general expectation of basic courtesy on public transport.

If I were you, I'd have made as much noise as possible with my meal.
Yes, I definitely felt that others on the flight seemed to think that the plane was flying just to serve their needs. But I tried it and got the Tier Points, so I don't need to do it again!

Originally Posted by flatlander
I can definitely empathise with you about being forgotten about on the BA2 flight. I was once ignored until almost time to get the cabin ready into LHR and finally I got the attention of the crew to ask for breakfast, sounding so annoyed they held back criticising me for being late ordering it, and got a few of the cold/solid items. I was extremely annoyed because the lost time can't be given back.
That's a shame that you suffered the same fate as me flatlander!

Last edited by headingwest; Aug 22, 2015 at 2:59 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
None of the pictures seem to be working...?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:27 am

Great trip report! Do enjoy a good read and awesome photos.

Your "selfie" picture reminds me of Paddy Considine!

http://www.independent.co.uk/incomin.../v25555448.jpg
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great report, thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
None of the pictures seem to be working...?
Sorry to hear that. I've just checked and all seems to be OK, so I don't know why you can't see them.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:38 pm

Nice trip report! Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:09 am

Wonderful TR and well researched itinerary to get tier points!
You are right about BA club world, i will never understand why people pay to fly that product. And the JFK-LCY service sounded appalling. Altogether BA is just not impressive.
Hopefully you were too exhausted after this trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.