Budapest & Prague via UA J, OK Y & LH F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budapest & Prague via UA J, OK Y & LH F

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Great report. Agree that Prague is just too crowded. We were there for May Day weekend which also happened to be the Hockey World Championships and the Prague Marathon weekend. The lines and crowds were unbearable!

By the way, we saw those beautiful yellow fields all over Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic a few weeks ago so we asked about them and we were told they are fields of canola (as in canola oil).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola#...nola_field.jpg
Old May 26, 2015, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Budapest is a great city. Would love to go back sometime. Had fun at the Szchenyi Frdő as well.
Don't forget to check out the Gellrt Frdő. It is even more magnificent than Szchenyi. http://www.gellertbath.hu/ They even have an outdoor wave pool!
Yes I wanted to go there on the last night that I was there. I had conflicting reports saying it was open until 10 and some until 8. By 7 I was too lazy to figure it out and wanted to catch up on the work from the shoot I did in Budapest so I just opted for a dip in the jacuzzi downstairs.

Originally Posted by DTS
What UA calls BusinessFirst? Inappropriate. Not classy
Let's not get started on Employee(Global)First.

Originally Posted by mad_atta

Great report, JVPhoto. I haven't yet made it to Budapest, but it's very high on my list - looks great.
Even with rain on 2/3 of the trip I really enjoyed it, maybe even going back in July to shoot some more.

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Years ago when I was visiting Prague, I found the city overcrowded as well. And the people rude, unpleasant and jaded. Never ever set a foot in that city again.
I didn't come across anything that was unpleasant but I was happy when I read up on the "Do you tip in Prague?" google search that don't expect the friendly waiter who cares about if you enjoyed the food or is coddling. You order, they bring you the food you ordered, they bring your bill...if they've done that then they have done their job.

Originally Posted by LH4116
Good stuff JV! Prague looks really nice. Haven't been there since 2008 so I guess it's time for a re-visit soon. In fact it's the only former Soviet block country that I've actually enjoyed visiting. Love the Yohji Yamamoto outfit. Did you wear it on LH F?
You want to go back?? I would say it was like New Orleans in that I am glad I finally went and visited, but I don't have a strong desire to return. Yes, I wore the same Yohji outfit on my LH F flight and then changed into the brown and taupe (come on LH!) PJs.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nice ending JV! Lufthansa First Class looks decent as usual, really have to try it out sometime but I guess that time will come eventually. Though I'm not too impressed with the guy showing up wearing beach shorts and flip flops, but I guess he's paid for his ticket so that entitles him to wear whatever he wants. Though I'm sure that the staff aren't too happy when people show up dressed like that.

About Prague, yeah I visited it back in 2008 when I had just turned 16. It was my first trip not involving my family, so I guess it was more enjoyable in that sense. But I remembered the city being quite touristy, nice old buildings to look at but nothing more. So perhaps I should think twice about re-visiting it then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.