Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Virgin America First Class BOS-LAX

VX367
BOS-LAX
N636VA-A320-214

I arrived at the Terminal B at T-90 and checked my bag, it was only five pounds overweight but they insisted that I pay $54 even if I was in First Class, considering the money I would expect that they should waive fees like most US carriers. they said find that security wasn't open and there wasn't anything in the gate area food wise so I hopped over to Hudson News to grab some snacks for the flight. Instead of telling people about the problem, try to fix it VX. At T-60 I decided to go through security where I had expedited stamped. There is really nothing to do so I decide to do some Plane-spotting and Found some heavies even though the view is obscured!!

At T-40 and still no plane I knew that the flight wouldn't board on time. At T-30 N632VA pulled up to gate B38. The gate area was packed by now and with VX flight to LAX and SFO within an hour there was barely any room to board. finally at T-20 boarding was called for First Class. Today I would be in 2A the last row of First Class. Usually they leave time between F and Y but today they were packed and this was the scene win five minutes!

Finally the door was closed and we left only 8 minutes behind schedule. Today the #virginsafetydance wasn't working (yes!, Seen it so many times) so they did a live briefing. we departed from RWY 33L where we held for 10 mins.

Once in the air, they turned on RED and set up the table settings. Virgin gave us Chex Mix for instead of nuts, brave thing to do and I like it!

I started with a coke but later switched to a spite. Menu's were handed out
(rare for a Domestic flight outside of the JFK area)!

Starters, (Half-Eaten)bread and salad! Some kind of salad with Cranberries.

Next up; Coq Au Vin and a Raspberry Almond Cake

After that, I decided to lay around until I woke up on decent into LAX.

Here is my seat before landing!

Arrived in LAX, Terminal 3 is a mess!!!! Never coming back if I don't have to!

Join Me for the return flight! *Delta Buisness Elite through JFK* (I mean American Flagship First A321!)

Check out my Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/UnitedB739/videos

Last edited by BostonPlanesAndTrains; Jan 25, 2015 at 5:19 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Travelling first class and they charged you for being over the baggage allowance limit. How much baggage did you actually have ? First 2 checked bags are free
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
I only had 1 bag and it was 54lbs total!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:21 pm

Food looks good. Nice job getting row 2. I've only flown VX F once and I found it strange that if they're going to only put 8 seats up front, and pretty awesome ones at that, they're going to let 50% of them have pretty severely restricted legroom. I'm kinda tall and for me that completely negates the F experience. Guess I just find it weird they they think that's OK.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Food looks good. Nice job getting row 2. I've only flown VX F once and I found it strange that if they're going to only put 8 seats up front, and pretty awesome ones at that, they're going to let 50% of them have pretty severely restricted legroom. I'm kinda tall and for me that completely negates the F experience. Guess I just find it weird they they think that's OK.
Are you saying that row 1 on VX has severely restricted legroom? If so you must be like 8ft tall. There's no domestic F (outside of premium transcons of course) that even comes close to VX's legroom in either row.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Are you saying that row 1 on VX has severely restricted legroom? If so you must be like 8ft tall. There's no domestic F (outside of premium transcons of course) that even comes close to VX's legroom in either row.
I am 6'2". I sat down in 1C and could not extend my legs without hitting the bukhead. I was notably disappointed as for the flight IAD-SFO I do not consider that sufficient legroom. I moved to 2C fortunately as the cabin was light.

Please understand, and I was actually thinking of adding this caveat when I wrote my initial post, that I am not asserting that VX row 1 legroom is worse than row 1 of US 319/320/321 or AA 738 legroom. I am simply saying that it's a shame that they installed these rather great seats, and only 8 of them, but still stuck 4 a bit close to the bulkhead.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I am 6'2". I sat down in 1C and could not extend my legs without hitting the bukhead. I was notably disappointed as for the flight IAD-SFO I do not consider that sufficient legroom. I moved to 2C fortunately as the cabin was light.

Please understand, and I was actually thinking of adding this caveat when I wrote my initial post, that I am not asserting that VX row 1 legroom is worse than row 1 of US 319/320/321 or AA 738 legroom. I am simply saying that it's a shame that they installed these rather great seats, and only 8 of them, but still stuck 4 a bit close to the bulkhead.
Wow, you must have very long legs then. I've found the space in row 1 sufficient to the point that even when I'm in the window seat and the aisle is fully reclined, I can easily get out. I assume that your feet must extend well past the legrest then. At any rate, I suppose my biggest peeve with the seat is no underseat storage. Hate having to put everything up top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.