Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A tale of gluttony and first Firsts; BA F A380, CX F, QR F A380, HKG Lounge Crawl

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A tale of gluttony and first Firsts; BA F A380, CX F, QR F A380, HKG Lounge Crawl

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Amazing TR, iluvdoco. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us, as it looks like you had an amazing trip! The picture quality is amazing and I appreciate all the effort you put into this TR. A real treat.

I'm off to London next weekend (on UA and not BA though). The area around the London Eye looks quite nice at night. Will have to try it out

Thanks again.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:20 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Don't know how I missed this great TR! Terrific read, and I will now be looking at Taipei as a foodie destination (who knew?!).

Is it just me, or do quite a lot of your pix have a pink tinge to them? A lot of what I'd expect to be white is coming out in pink or beige, and the blues seem a little strange too. Maybe it's intentional touching-up in Paintshop?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROCruiser
Sorry, I am also curious about this restaurant. I must have missed it but which hotel did you stay at? Will be in Taipei next week.
I can't believe I was remiss in adding pictures of the hotel! It was the Monarch Plaza Hotel in Taoyuan.

Originally Posted by Flyinghobby
Excellent report OP! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Flyinghobby!

Originally Posted by UAL250
Amazing TR, iluvdoco. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us, as it looks like you had an amazing trip! The picture quality is amazing and I appreciate all the effort you put into this TR. A real treat.

I'm off to London next weekend (on UA and not BA though). The area around the London Eye looks quite nice at night. Will have to try it out

Thanks again.
Thanks UAL250! Enjoy your trip to London!

Originally Posted by 1P
Don't know how I missed this great TR! Terrific read, and I will now be looking at Taipei as a foodie destination (who knew?!).

Is it just me, or do quite a lot of your pix have a pink tinge to them? A lot of what I'd expect to be white is coming out in pink or beige, and the blues seem a little strange too. Maybe it's intentional touching-up in Paintshop?
Thanks 1P! Are you sure you don't have pink eye? Some of my indoor shots/night market shots did come out a bit pink. Need to check the color correction.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:00 am
Original Poster

You guys are in luck! I rechecked some of my old photos. The name of the little dumpling cafe in Taoyuan across from the Monarch Plaza Hotel is called the "Dumpling Tiger Northern Chinese Delicacy".

It might actually be a chain restaurant, but don't let that fool you. Delicious, cheap, and clean.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:23 pm

Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:25 pm

after eating breakfast at the CCR, we went over to the Galleries First lounge to have second breakfast
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Great detailed Report with excellent photos ^
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Fantastic report...simply superb!!

Most impressed with your caloric consumption.
Sort of like macubus' Eight Bottles of Dom report, but with less of a hangover

Again, great report in both content and pictures.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Great detailed Report with excellent photos ^
Thank you NA-Flyer!

Originally Posted by Billiken
Fantastic report...simply superb!!

Most impressed with your caloric consumption.
Sort of like macubus' Eight Bottles of Dom report, but with less of a hangover

Again, great report in both content and pictures.
Thanks Billiken! You should have seen how much food I consumed on my most recent Etihad extravaganza.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...wa-lounge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.